Generic Virus Thread

villakram

5 hours ago, limpid said:

Most people that I know that spend time with vulnerable people still buy tests. Why wouldn't they?

I dont know one person thats paying for a test. People are actually coming into the office now with covid thats how much they dont worry about it now. They treat it as sniffle now

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I dont know one person thats paying for a test. People are actually coming into the office now with covid thats how much they dont worry about it now. They treat it as sniffle now

I feel sad for anyone the associate with who is vulnerable.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

I feel sad for anyone the associate with who is vulnerable.

Its good in a way as the vulnerable around us are either not getting it/or dying. Thats a positive at the very least

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

good-for-them-peter-hermann.gif

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Its good in a way as the vulnerable around us are either not getting it/or dying. Thats a positive at the very least

I read that as you thought it was good that people are dying. My bad.

What are the current stats for additional deaths?

2 minutes ago, limpid said:

I read that as you thought it was good that people are dying. My bad.

What are the current stats for additional deaths?

Na not a chance - why would i ever think anyone dying is good?

Good question. But we are not hearing about deaths like when covid was at its peak so i would imagine its nowhere near the levels we were at.

I also dont see any updates on covid deaths on our trusts intranet so thats got to be a positive

Edited by Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Na not a chance - why would i ever think anyone dying is good?

Good question. But we are not hearing about deaths like when covid was at its peak so i would imagine its nowhere near the levels we were at.

I also dont see any updates on covid deaths on our trusts intranet so thats got to be a positive

Personally I'd struggle to put an acceptable level on excess deaths. FWIW I wouldn't go into the office with a cold.

Just now, limpid said:

Personally I'd struggle to put an acceptable level on excess deaths. FWIW I wouldn't go into the office with a cold.

No deaths acceptable i agree- but just glad its not the volumes of what we saw. 

Whats funny is although i dont work in the actual hospitals you can come intk work with covid and no one really says anything. Strange as you would think the nhs would tell everyone to go home

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No deaths acceptable i agree- but just glad its not the volumes of what we saw. 

Whats funny is although i dont work in the actual hospitals you can come intk work with covid and no one really says anything. Strange as you would think the nhs would tell everyone to go home

You said no-one you know is paying for tests. So they aren't going into work with covid.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

You said no-one you know is paying for tests. So they aren't going into work with covid.

I dont think anyone knows what difference is mow between a cold flu and covid even with the tests 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont think anyone knows what difference is mow between a cold flu and covid even with the tests 

When I had Covid in April there is no chance on earth that you could confuse it with a cold. I've had proper flu when I was a teenager and this was worse than that. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

When I had Covid in April there is no chance on earth that you could confuse it with a cold. I've had proper flu when I was a teenager and this was worse than that. 

I had covid about 12 months ago and i had flu recently and the flu was much worse for me. Guess its one of them things where its individuals own bodies handling different viruses differently 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

My neighbour (48 year old) had covid last month, he was stuck in bed for 3 days. Really messed him up. 

7 hours ago, Genie said:

My neighbour (48 year old) had covid last month, he was stuck in bed for 3 days. Really messed him up. 

Yep, Mrs Sidcow has barely been out of bed for 3 days. Much like myself in April. I shudder to think what it might be like without having had the vaccination. 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I had covid about 12 months ago and i had flu recently and the flu was much worse for me. Guess its one of them things where its individuals own bodies handling different viruses differently 

How do you know it was flu you had recently and not more Covid? 

Does this thing still exist? I thought the matrix had moved on to something else now. 

@Demitri_C I am glad that some people die. Not from Covid but from other conditions or diseases they live with that keep that person in a living hell . At least they are at peace now. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ive had both

The question was "how do you know" - seeing as you aren't testing (recently). Flu is unusual at this time of year.

• Thanks 1

Just now, limpid said:

The question was "how do you know" - seeing as you aren't testing (recently). Flu is unusual at this time of year.

Even with the tests they are not 100% accurate though. Ive done tests before where i did two separate ones. One was positive the other was negative.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Even with the tests they are not 100% accurate though. Ive done tests before where i did two separate ones. One was positive the other was negative.

I agree. However, the tests have got better over time (and we get better at using them). It does seem more likely that if it was recent, it was covid.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â