Generic Virus Thread

villakram

9 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What’s the general feeling around restrictions? Personally I don’t think they’re a good idea and I hope we avoid them for a number of reasons. 

We don't need them. No proof, we need them, why restrict just on case numbers rather than hospital admissions.

I expect them to be imposed after Christmas.

Edited by foreveryoung

Now it's in the home I'm starting to be interested in what my booster means for Delta.

There has been a lot of press of why it's so important for Omicron but how does 2 x Astra + 1 Pfizer booster deal with Delta?  It's still most likely to be that version round these parts isn't it?

23 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

What’s the general feeling around restrictions? Personally I don’t think they’re a good idea and I hope we avoid them for a number of reasons. 

They are total pain in the arse. .......But they work ....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't worry about cases. Worry about hospitalisations and deaths related to Covid.

Yeah, I know that’s the most important thing, but it’s still pretty **** incredible.

The country is gonna grind to a halt soon  with everyone isolating (or worse).

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Don't worry about cases. Worry about hospitalisations and deaths related to Covid.

you not think there is a correlation ?????  with 119k cases - some hospitalisations and deaths are now baked in

• Like 1

The mixed messages from the government aren’t helping, we’re hearing how Omicron is probably less severe than delta all the time, and in parallel shit loads of delta infections which will cause hospitalisations and deaths in the coming weeks.

Most casual observers think this wave is already omicron and it’s no big deal.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’m kinda flexible.

It doesn’t cost me any bother to wear a mask, clean my hands, or wait for someone to leave a shop before I go in.

It’s not a massive inconvenience to work from home some of the time, its actually quite nice.

But I will choose whether the mental health and wellbeing of my family and friends is more or less important than arbitrary restrictions on getting together. Not least, when the rules aren’t always logical. When I can travel to Worcester to go to the pub, but not to work, the rules are stupid. So I now ignore those ones.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, hippo said:

you not think there is a correlation ?????  with 119k cases - some hospitalisations and deaths are now baked in

Some yes, but are we to panic, is it worth a lockdown. I very much doubt.

There are 100k+ cases as most don't give a f***. As I mentioned, I've just been to Brum and I saw hardly anyone in a mask, add Christmas parties, events to that and we are bound to have a steaming amount of cases this time of year.

28 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Now it's in the home I'm starting to be interested in what my booster means for Delta.

There has been a lot of press of why it's so important for Omicron but how does 2 x Astra + 1 Pfizer booster deal with Delta?  It's still most likely to be that version round these parts isn't it?

on a double jab yes. 

before I omricon I was as at event with friends - they were sitting either side of me. both double jabbed - I was 4 weeks post booster. they got covid a couple of days later. I didn't. I also worked 3 weeks in A+E escaped covid,

So provided your booster is recent but not to recent. Im betting youll dodge it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

on a double jab yes. 

before I omricon I was as at event with friends - they were sitting either side of me. both double jabbed - I was 4 weeks post booster. they got covid a couple of days later. I didn't. I also worked 3 weeks in A+E escaped covid,

So provided your booster is recent but not to recent. Im betting youll dodge it.

Boosted 3 weeks ago 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Some yes, but are we to panic, is it worth a lockdown. I very much doubt.

There are 100k+ cases as most don't give a f***. As I mentioned, I've just been to Brum and I saw hardly anyone in a mask, add Christmas parties, events to that and we are bound to have a steaming amount of cases this time of year.

Forgive me - I believe your original point was that case numbers are not  an important measure when considering lockdowns. IMO they are .

bear in mind there are many more infected people not showing symptoms - who currently going around infecting people.

You cant just let cases run rampant - if that figure got to say 200k - the govt would have to act - even if hospitalisations weren't rising significantly 

Not sure of the relevance of your walk through brum - but would agree without a tightening of restrictions we are going to get a massive rise of cases.

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Boosted 3 weeks ago 

In terms of protection you are pretty close to the peak (4 weeks post jab if you believe what u read) - Still be a careful as hell - but you have some good numbers on your side.

• Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â