Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Agreed.

The point I was making. Is that any problem we face - the hunt for a scapegoat gets underway.

Spoke to my mum last night and she was on about Birmingham are having a lot of cases. Probably are, but I’m not sure? Anyway her reasoning is that it’s because all the Asians and black community are not getting jabbed and they are spreading it.  She really is terrible . 

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Spoke to my mum last night and she was on about Birmingham are having a lot of cases. Probably are, but I’m not sure? Anyway her reasoning is that it’s because all the Asians and black community are not getting jabbed and they are spreading it.  She really is terrible . 

Birmingham isn't actually doing too badly, according to the Gov interactive map

Screenshot-2021-12-22-115259.png

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Interesting thread

I don't agree or disagree with the idea but it's an interesting observation. That the young are impacted but are still held in great distain as a snowflake generation.

It has become more and more apparent to me that older people are held in great distain by much of the younger population.  How often do you see gammon or boomer bandied about? 

Or maybe we all actually get along quite well except for a few older and younger dick heads who spout nonsense about most stuff much of the time but are given oxygen by t'internet. 

I don't think the age war is as alive and kicking as people make out. 

What IS odd though is that in most other societies old people are generally venerated much more than in The Western world. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How often do you see gammon or boomer bandied about? 

Gammon isn't age related, but based on angry bright red people. Often old but not specifically.

Boomer is literally a generation name.

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Gammon isn't age related, but based on angry bright red people. Often old but not specifically.

Boomer is literally a generation name.

Yes but both have become merged and used to denigrate older people generally. Stereotype them if you like.  Been somewhat hijacked, as labels tend to be. 

The (baby) boomers have been around for a long time but it’s only recently become an insult. Post Brexit I assume. The thing is every generation that’s ever lived have blamed the previous one for something and when today’s Gen Zs are in their 60s, they will also be blamed for something by the youth of that day. It’s just what happens. 

All sections of society have suffered through covid, in some way. To start begging for compensation on Twitter is just embarrassing. There’s way too much generalisation around now, everything is polarised into them and us. It’s not good.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The (baby) boomers have been around for a long time but it’s only recently become an insult. Post Brexit I assume. The thing is every generation that’s ever lived have blamed the previous one for something and when today’s Gen Zs are in their 60s, they will also be blamed for something by the youth of that day. It’s just what happens. 

All sections of society have suffered through covid, in some way. To start begging for compensation on Twitter is just embarrassing. There’s way too much generalisation around now, everything is polarised into them and us. It’s not good.

Not only that, the generation he wants to tax are mostly retired and aren’t paying tax anymore.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Kids don't know they're born.

I used to wake up with Ice on the INSIDE of my bedroom window.

There were only 3 TV channels.

The electricity kept turning off all the time.

Literally EVERYTHING cost the earth.  You had to actually RENT televisions.  Stuff was SO expensive you had to actually repair everything instead of going out and buying another new one.

You had to share the one single phone line with your neighbour and couldn't use it if they were on, not that they ever were because they were listening to all your conversations.

No one ate out EVER

You couldn't go shopping on Sunday or after 5.00pm

Pubs all closed at 10.30 and night clubs (all 3 of them) at 2.00 AM

Life was pretty shit, I'm not sure how I got through it.  

Oh, and a lot of children used to get some pretty nasty illnesses which killed quite a few of them because there weren't so many vaccines around.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It has become more and more apparent to me that older people are held in great distain by much of the younger population.  How often do you see gammon or boomer bandied about? 

Or maybe we all actually get along quite well except for a few older and younger dick heads who spout nonsense about most stuff much of the time but are given oxygen by t'internet. 

I don't think the age war is as alive and kicking as people make out. 

What IS odd though is that in most other societies old people are generally venerated much more than in The Western world. 

own up - who else had to google venerated ? !!! 

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Let’s not recompense the health workers but gift the students and party goers. **** me.

To be fair, pretty much the whole country has been saying we should recognise and reward the health workers for the entirety of the pandemic 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Let’s not recompense the health workers but gift the students and party goers. **** me.

This is as much as a generalisation that nick and sidcow were complaining about.

Millions of young people who spent a fortune on their education won't ever be able to own a house. For a lot of people, the pandemic has made this even worse.

And even the students and party goers that you belittle; it may seem trivial to you but they will only ever get 1 results day, 1 freshers' week, 1 18th birthday. They're not life-threatening events, but they're still important.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â