Generic Virus Thread

villakram

I don't particularly think we needed to vaccinate teachers first, but I also don't think it would have been that big of a deal if we had decided to do it either. At the speed we're now going, we could have done everyone who works in a school in about 3 days. I can definitely see the argument for simplicity though.

However, I do think that more should have been done to force schools to be more covid-safe, providing HVAC filters, only using classrooms with fully openable windows, looking for ways to do things outside to as much of an extent as possible etc.

EDIT: 'First' there should read 'en bloc' or something.

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't particularly think we needed to vaccinate teachers first, but I also don't think it would have been that big of a deal if we had decided to do it either. At the speed we're now going, we could have done everyone who works in a school in about 3 days. I can definitely see the argument for simplicity though.

However, I do think that more should have been done to force schools to be more covid-safe, providing HVAC filters, only using classrooms with fully openable windows, looking for ways to do things outside to as much of an extent as possible etc.

Spot on. The discussion seems to have jumped somewhat. I said I’d have prioritised the NHS to first to get it and I’d have elevated key workers (not made them top priority, just put them ahead of much lower risk people) to help reduce spread of the virus and to protect them, too. And now somehow it’s all about how making teachers top priority is mad (it is mad, but no one said to do that).

checks are easy, or could be. Could be as simple as take your key workers letter with you, it could be the daycare centre you work at gives the worker a letter or token from the local health authority to take along. None foolproof, but it doesn’t need to be. It needs to be simple and just enough to discourage blatant free for all

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Spot on. The discussion seems to have jumped somewhat. I said I’d have prioritised the NHS to first to get it and I’d have elevated key workers (not made them top priority, just put them ahead of much lower risk people) to help reduce spread of the virus and to protect them, too. And now somehow it’s all about how making teachers top priority is mad (it is mad, but no one said to do that).

checks are easy, or could be. Could be as simple as take your key workers letter with you, it could be the daycare centre you work at gives the worker a letter or token from the local health authority to take along. None foolproof, but it doesn’t need to be. It needs to be simple and just enough to discourage blatant free for all

To clarify, I never thought you said top priority.

The checks aren’t easy though, far far from it. You talk about letters as if there is a central database of education staff that can be mailed, there is nothing remotely close.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I never thought you said top priority.

Someone did though 😁

yeah it sound like there’s lots of reasons why providing confirmation of job is less simple than it could be.

8 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Yeah but someone thought I wanted to vaccinate all teachers... 🤷🏼‍♂️🤣

Not very subtle form of mockery chaps - I suppose I'll be damned for assuming this was a forum and not a mod's personal chat room. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not very subtle form of mockery chaps - I suppose I'll be damned for assuming this was a forum and not a mod's personal chat room. 

Lighten up fella. You are more than welcome in the conversation just like anyone else but actually reading what people have said is kind of the starting point. 👍

• Like 1

I wonder how the people who got randomly bumped up the list get chosen.  My brother is a 40 year old teacher and got done last weekend, I wonder whether he had it on his records and the GP surgery searched through their patients and decided to prioritise teachers for any left over vaccines they had.  It was probably just good luck on his part though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah but you want to exterminate all teachers

Only the ones that don’t work for me... its part of my plan to take over... when I do AVFC is going on the national curriculum in place of French!

It is better than your plan to vaccinate all paperboys! 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

AVFC is going on the national curriculum in place of French!

But the French have done so much for Villa - Didier Six scored that goal, David Granola invented breakfast cer...sorry, Ginola put on some Timber. And there was Gerard Houllier, who loved Liverpool, and France’s president made our kit for a bit and I like Freddie Guilbert.

back on topic, my arm is still sore from the vaccine.

edit. I’ve been told I got a fact wrong: Le Coq never made our kit

Edited by blandy

Anyway,  vaccines and fungus. Do we reckon people are going to stop doing all the advice about masks and distancing as schools are back, people are vaccined, the weather gets better. Then all the foreigns are gonna “come over ‘ere with their diseases” and get the blame if/when a mutation proves hardy against the vaccines? I reckon there’s a fair chance.

25 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

mmm Davenports...

8ce099878bfafc5931cd6644aa66b8c1.jpg

When did women have to be actually stunning to get modelling jobs, or is that just Marjorie from accounts who they asked to model it because she had big tits? She seems to be holding a biro so maybe. 

Let's face it, the most beautiful thing in that picture is in the background. 

EDIT... OK, OK, just found out it is Erica Rowe. 😳

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Appears to be scheduled moron parades in a couple Swedish cities today and abroad full of anti-vaxxers and the usual conspiracy nutters. 

Covid is a hoax, media is in league with big pharma...

Shame it's not raining.

b8e60c28-e5b9-4c11-91c0-cf7d70e7e7b2?fit=crop&h=403&q=50&w=1100&s=4dec28d75ed6ad46f13a411f3069f0a9a3fae45a

Â