Generic Virus Thread

villakram

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Unsure why they are now asking parents to get their 5-10 year olds vaccinated, even though this virus does not affect them, if it does it's very minor.

Because it’s transmissible. Are we really still struggling with this after all this time?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Unsure why they are now asking parents to get their 5-10 year olds vaccinated, even though this virus does not affect them, if it does it's very minor.

Because they are superspreaders. 

26 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's still transmissible with the vaccine, is it not??

If you are vaccinated, at whatever age, there is less chance of catching the virus and therefore less chance of picking it up. There’s no guarantees obviously but reduced chances of getting it means less chance of spreading it. 
This has been commonly accepted for so long that it suggests a wilful obstinacy on your part to keep asking. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

If you are vaccinated, at whatever age, there is less chance of catching the virus and therefore less chance of picking it up. There’s no guarantees obviously but reduced chances of getting it means less chance of spreading it. 
This has been commonly accepted for so long that it suggests a wilful obstinacy on your part to keep asking. 

Really!!

Guess I must be one of those bellends @bannedfromHandV mentioned.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Less hosts less than chance of a mutation? 

Less infectious 5 year old hugging grandparents less infected old people. 

That said I'm very pro vaccine but would have to think about getting my very young kid done.  Not sure what the side effect risks are on Coronavirus Vaccines vs the usual childhood vaccines. Would probably like to consult a doctor or nurse to talk it through first. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

But it won't stop them catching it will it?

It can't stop it totally but can reduce the chance, and likely see you defeat it quicker therefore reduce the transmission window. 

32 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Unconfirmed, but I think I've finally got it. Me, the wife and one of the daughters all been feeling grotty - head cold, cough, headaches, tiredness, loss of appetite. Hitting the paracetomol. My assumption was that it's not covid but simply some other virus, but we all did LFTs anyway - theirs both showed as positive, mine as negative. I'll do another test tomorrow. If this is all it is, I'm relieved - I've had far worse hangovers. 

Crikey. Stay well Mike. I was convinced you and I were going to be the VTers who came through this unscathed. I've still not had it to my knowledge. 

You may be OK, we've had it in the house twice now and still avoided it somehow. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Crikey. Stay well Mike. I was convinced you and I were going to be the VTers who came through this unscathed. I've still not had it to my knowledge. 

You may be OK, we've had it in the house twice now and still avoided it somehow. 

I've still not had it as far as I'm aware.  I thought it was closing in on me at work a month or so ago but I seem to have avoided it thankfully.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Whats the latest vaccination numbers here in the uk? Most of the uk should have it by now ?

People vaccinated

First dose total: 53,087,904

second dose total: 49,661,362

Booster/3rd jab total: 39,125,025

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Still not had it either.

Same. Wife and both children had it and whilst I isolated with them for 10 days but still didn’t catch it. It was about 4 months after my wife had her vaccine but I’d only had mine about 3 weeks before.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â