Generic Virus Thread

villakram

45 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Merry Christmas everyone.

I'm leaving the doom and gloom of this thread, every positive getting turned onto a negative it's getting depressing. See you in other threads.

Mate - it's a virus thread that as killed 145k people in the UK alone. It was never going to be the upbeat or cheerful thread. 

Wahey its a joke thread is worth a look if you want something upbeat.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MCU said:

I honestly thought you were advised not to take laterals for up to 3 months or so after having COVID as they can still come back positive. Now they are saying you must test negative on day 6 and 7.

I think that's PCRs, but this would help explain why I'm still positive and make me feel better about possibly just ending this isolation after 10 days anyway. Feels bonkers, totally asymptomatic. Would've never even found out about it if I didn't take a test before meeting others.

46 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Same here, except no symptoms. Tests were getting weaker and looked like it should be negative yesterday. Nope, nor today. Wife is actually ill and still testing negative. I'm almost at the end of the mandatory 10 days anyway. Do people normally just get their first positive result, wait it out, then go about their business without testing again at the end? What do these results mean? Surely I can't still be infectious? What the **** is going on?

Yeah, you can test positive for AGES after infection, but it doesn't mean you are infectious. 

My Nephew tested positive for months. Dr's told them to stop testing in the end. 

• Thanks 1

This is the current state of Track and Trace

An email I received today

Good Afternoon

We have a positive case who used 4 of your taxis on the 14/12/2021. The case lives in the Knowsley area and none of the taxis had screens. Case travelled into Liverpool and back.

Please contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards

So useless I ignored it

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

This is the current state of Track and Trace

An email I received today

So useless I ignored it

I'm sure you can easily work out the name of the person from the detail provided! and thus alert the drivers and so on. I bet almost no-one from the Knowsley area ever goes into Liverpool and back at Christmas time do they? I mean why would you need the time of day, the pick up and drop off points, any detail of the cars/drivers, names or any trifling details like that. I mean you've only got, what, 3000 drivers to narrow down. The work of but a moment.

Nice to see track and trace be so cost effective and efficient.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Wow, I thought that was a bad video and she’s been talked about before for these kind of messages of putting more people at risk.

I guess it’s done to personal perspective if you want to see everything in a very positive light then this will appeal to you whereas a negative light will see doom and gloom.  I think I’m just left of centre on this and watching doctors explain and slightly more cautious.

That's an understatement

There's a whole load of (now deleted by her) tweets where she says Covid is nothing to worry about, there will be no 2nd wave (right before that hit) etc

She's a fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists, yet they had to ask her to be clear her views were not representative of them. She's also registered but not actually currently licensed to practice by the GMC.

She's basically a Covid grifter; it's no surprise to see her name consistently alongside the likes of Karol Sikora etc and the people giving her a platform the likes of The Spectator and Julia Hart Brewer.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, andym said:

That's an understatement

There's a whole load of (now deleted by her) tweets where she says Covid is nothing to worry about, there will be no 2nd wave (right before that hit) etc

She's a fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists, yet they had to ask her to be clear her views were not representative of them. She's also registered but not actually currently licensed to practice by the GMC.

She's basically a Covid grifter; it's no surprise to see her name consistently alongside the likes of Karol Sikora etc and the people giving her a platform the likes of The Spectator and Julia Hart Brewer.

Yeah I know!

I appreciate some people like @Morley_crosses_to_Withe want to hear better news and it is out there and if I come in blazing about her past he may just dismiss my post as extremely negative.  There is better news out there by respected people on both sides of the conversation and people should read and listen to both sides both good and bad.  I am on the more cautious side of this conversation/covid thing, I know that, but people like her are very problematic and you rightly point out some of those reasons.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I know!

I appreciate some people like @Morley_crosses_to_Withe want to hear better news and it is out there and if I come in blazing about her past he may just dismiss my post as extremely negative.  There is better news out there by respected people on both sides of the conversation and people should read and listen to both sides both good and bad.  I am on the more cautious side of this conversation/covid thing, I know that, but people like her are very problematic and you rightly point out some of those reasons.

Well unless covid wipes us out - we will hear better news in due course. (And then be told we were worrying about nothing).

I remember being a get together a couple of Xmas s back. A very overweight guy was giving a advice to a personal trainer !!!!. My point is look at the vested interests of your sources.

The owners of the daily mail - don't live in the UK - they probably have shares in companies that trade in the UK. They have little interest in the state of the nhs- state of our roads etc. They are very happy the way things are. So they are keen we go out and buy goods and services as normal.

Incidentally today the daily mail was ordered to apologize for a headline it ran about no go towns for whites. It's only defence was they didn't expect people to take the article seriously !!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, andym said:

That's an understatement

Bleak if people are sharing that scumbags nonsense here. Check up the Hartleaks.

Her disinformation has almost certainly killed people.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

122k today, quarter of a million people in 2 days. 

The daily figures they release are just the tip of the iceberg as the ONS figures released today showed 1.7  million people had covid in the UK last week. I'd imagine the figures for this week will be way over 2 million. 

On the brighter side hospitalisations still aren't reflecting anything like those of previous waves despite record infections. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

707k is the official number but probably much higher

There was some bod on the radio a few days ago saying he expected the real figure was 4 or 5 times the official figures due to the mildness of the symptoms. Even the most compliant of people with regards to testing etc might not have a incling that they have it

Yesterday they were saying that probably 50% of anyone who had a cold probably actually had Covid. 

Frickin everyone has a cold right now.  I reckon it will peak before New Year because it will have infected pretty much everyone. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â