Generic Virus Thread

villakram

56 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

3 of the 4 people in my household have now tested positive. 

My Father is still plodding on, the stubborn old goat. I think the virus stops short and thinks “tae f*ck am I spending any time in this miserable bastard” and moves onto its next victim

Different breed they are mate 

• Haha 1

US Army Creates Single Vaccine Against All COVID & SARS Variants, Researchers Say

Within weeks, scientists at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research expect to announce that they have developed a vaccine that is effective against COVID-19 and all its variants, even Omicron, as well as previous SARS-origin viruses that have killed millions of people worldwide. 

https://www.defenseone.com/technology/2021/12/us-army-creates-single-vaccine-effective-against-all-covid-sars-variants/360089/

Might be something 🤞

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

“Follow the teachings  of Jesus Christ and get your vaccines” says Boris . Big words from a modern day Roman emperor 😉

Why quote a fantasy book?

“Follow the teachings of Harry Potter and get your vaccines”

”Follow the teachings of Yoda and get your vaccines”

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Here’s a good, positive video from a doctor who puts COVID risks into perspective in an easy to understand way. She uses data taken from Cambridge University studies.

Wow, I thought that was a bad video and she’s been talked about before for these kind of messages of putting more people at risk.

I guess it’s done to personal perspective if you want to see everything in a very positive light then this will appeal to you whereas a negative light will see doom and gloom.  I think I’m just left of centre on this and watching doctors explain and slightly more cautious.

Edited by nick76

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Why quote a fantasy book?

“Follow the teachings of Harry Potter and get your vaccines”

”Follow the teachings of Yoda and get your vaccines”

It’s not necessary a fantasy book, well some of it isn’t anyway but that’s another for another thread. Just found it interesting that emperor Boris is quoting the Jesus 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s not necessary a fantasy book, well some of it isn’t anyway but that’s another for another thread. Just found it interesting that emperor Boris is quoting the Jesus

Anyway, yes, for a different thread.

Edited by nick76

Some not so great data coming out that seems to be being discussed among the experts. It appears we are having 2 pandemics at once. Delta levels in England are only dropping slowly and that would be in line with the boosters. While we are having an Omicron wave hit us on top of the existing ongoing Delta wave. Instead of the hoped for Outcome that the less virulent strain (Omicron) would be come dominant and Delta would be wiped out it seems like we might have 2 strains circulating without much immune crossover. It may be the Omicron comes with this big peak and then is gone like we see in South Africa, but when it's gone we still have our Delta wave here. 

I think the new drugs are really the hope here, if we have vaccines and some level of population immunity and we have excellent treatments for people then we can feel hopeful for the spring. I think keeping an eye on the ons surveys and the Delta wave is important in the coming weeks. 

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Merry Christmas everyone.

I'm leaving the doom and gloom of this thread, every positive getting turned onto a negative it's getting depressing. See you in other threads.

Thanks for letting us know. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Did a lateral flow test yesterday as it’s been 7 (or 8, depending on what counts) days since symptoms. Basically thinking this will be negative and then one more today means I’m FREEEEEE….!

…still positive, **** sake 😐

Same here, except no symptoms. Tests were getting weaker and looked like it should be negative yesterday. Nope, nor today. Wife is actually ill and still testing negative. I'm almost at the end of the mandatory 10 days anyway. Do people normally just get their first positive result, wait it out, then go about their business without testing again at the end? What do these results mean? Surely I can't still be infectious? What the **** is going on?

I honestly thought you were advised not to take laterals for up to 3 months or so after having COVID as they can still come back positive. Now they are saying you must test negative on day 6 and 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Wow, I thought that was a bad video and she’s been talked about before for these kind of messages of putting more people at risk.

I guess it’s done to personal perspective if you want to see everything in a very positive light then this will appeal to you whereas a negative light will see doom and gloom.  I think I’m just left of centre on this and watching doctors explain and slightly more cautious.

I do indeed as may others. Some might not.

She’s just explained the risk based on raw stats from Cambridge University. She hasn’t promoted anyone take risks or not adhere to restrictions. 

9 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

I do indeed as may others. Some might not.

She’s just explained the risk based on raw stats from Cambridge University. She hasn’t promoted anyone take risks or not adhere to restrictions. 

Fair enough!  I think videos like these can be bad for those who dont do more research and get various views from qualified doctors on the subject which would include hers but not limited to hers.  It's definitely one way to interpret the data and she has been criticised for the way she has portrayed the data in the past.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â