Generic Virus Thread

villakram

14 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Then they're very lucky because that's not the case around the country. 

There was a report released a month ago, showing the amount of time it's taking to get people out of ambulances and into the hospital. And A&E at heartlands is an absolute mess. 

It's a mess, but that's standard. No more a mess because of Covid this time round, as yet.

20 hours ago, tinker said:

Looks that way. However the 10 years of NHS underfunding means it can't cope with the increase in patients so we all have to put our lives on hold while the NHS sorts the mess out on their reduced budgets.

It's strange really as two thirds of all patients positive in hospitals went in with a different illness. So should just be normal capacity really. Realistically should be more room with the routine Operations cancelled so people not taking up beds

• Shocked 1

31 minutes ago, dappadan said:

It's strange really as two thirds of all patients positive in hospitals went in with a different illness. So should just be normal capacity really. Realistically should be more room with the routine Operations cancelled so people not taking up beds

If you have covid regardless of why you went in, you go on a covid ward, even if you make more of the wards covid wards, it still has the effect of reducing overall capcity of the hospital

It's also why the posts above about the hospitals not being stretched and its just normal are as usual utter nonsense.

Normally the NHS is f***ed, with covid its extra f***ed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

All your hearing is figures. I will take it all back if the worst happens, but at the moment..............

Yep, you are the only person on this forum with an insight into the NHS and we'll all take what you say as gospel... or maybe not

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Anyway she lives in a apartment by the German market. Nightmare, couldn't get anywhere near had to walk through town. hardly saw any mask wearing, no one seems to give a *****

Mask wearing has never been required in an outdoor setting. This isn't an indication of people not playing by the rules because they are playing by the rules

3 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

@sidcow If your fit, healthy, boosted up, I'd carry on as normal mate, everyone else is. Might just avoid the Christmas kiss, although I guess he would anyway 😂

Yes, encouraging people to break the law in a public health emergency, bravo!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've seen people casting doubt on this, BTW, as it seems to be based on unreliable data re the population of London boroughs. Unlike us out in the provinces, the populations of esp inner-London boroughs have changed a lot during the pandemic, but administratively we have little way to capture that.

Understood. Yet, in terms of the NHS and registered patients, they know who has and hasn't been vaxxed. If someone is vaxxed elsewhere because they've moved, then the NHS still record them as vaxxed, even if it has them as living in London when they've moved to (say) Gloucester. So the figure will be (I'd wager) fairly close to accurate in terms of overall numbers. Of course it's possible that people have moved from any place to another, and not told the authorities (health ones) and so nowhere will be spot on, and London may be less accurate than smaller places, but I'm not sure the figure will be much changed - people who want to be jabbed have been and are recorded as such, as we know.

44 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's a mess, but that's standard. No more a mess because of Covid this time round, as yet.

A&E crisis

Paramedics across Britain have reported queues of up to 20 ambulances waiting outside hospitals to transfer patients into emergency departments operating at full capacity. Every ambulance service in the country is now at the highest level of alert, the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives (AACE) said this weekend.

This was two months ago. I highly doubt its standard around this time of year each year. Wait times in A&E are ridiculously long. 

The issues aren't just covid related as to why hospitals are a mess, but it's a myth that they're just business as usual right now. 

I haven’t been told which variant I had. Which in itself suggests I might have had the Delta variant, I suppose. However, the symptoms and timing would suggest maybe Omicron. Doesn’t matter, I suppose. Whatever it was, it was very mild. Thankfully. 

• Like 2

Its the Heil, but encouraging 

65 per cent of new Covid hospital patients in England are not actually being treated for the virus instead testing positive while being care for other ailments like broken bones or heart attacks. The MailOnline analysis of NHS data comes as as a growing number of studies show Omicron is much milder than Delta. In the two weeks to December 21, hospitals in England recorded 563 new coronavirus inpatients - the majority of which are believed to be Omicron now that the variant is the country's dominant stain. But just 197 (35 per cent) were being primarily treated for Covid, with the remaining 366 (65 per cent) only testing positive after being admitted for something else. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10339555/Two-thirds-new-Covid-hospital-patients-England-tested-positive-admitted.html

• Like 1

7 hours ago, El Zen said:

Speak of the devil.

The boy doesn’t have the plague and xmas is saved. Rejoice!

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

The lads just tested positive.

Cancel Christmas.

Cancel everything.

This thread’s a **** roller coaster 😓

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

This thread’s a **** roller coaster 😓

How about I take you through the corkscrew. 

My Sister in Law has just tested positive.  So my parent had 13 going round and now there is just my younger Brother and his 2 kids. 

1) My elder brother lives in Scotland and had sent ALL his young daughters presents down to my parents so now he's shafted unless he drives down from Edinburgh and back to pick them up

2) My idiot Dad is now having a right go at my mum about all the money they've spent on food that's going to waste. 

3) My brother is STILL talking about coming down even though his wife is positive yet my Dad is in a very very high risk group. He mad? 

This thing is mental and has all just come at the wrong time. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

How about I take you through the corkscrew. 

My Sister in Law has just tested positive.  So my parent had 13 going round and now there is just my younger Brother and his 2 kids. 

1) My elder brother lives in Scotland and had sent ALL his young daughters presents down to my parents so now he's shafted unless he drives down from Edinburgh and back to pick them up

2) My idiot Dad is now having a right go at my mum about all the money they've spent on food that's going to waste. 

3) My brother is STILL talking about coming down even though his wife is positive yet my Dad is in a very very high risk group. He mad? 

This thing is mental and has all just come at the wrong time. 

I really hope the worst of it resolves itself in time for you to have some kind of xmas peace. Good luck!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dappadan said:

I'm sure your right but what happens , in my experience. People go in with an illness that should be over within 5-7 days , they catch COVID and then either stay in hospital to recover or to isolate, they can't be discharged back into the general population with COVID, they become bed blockers. Or they get discharged and then have to go back in at the later stages of COVID ( most hospital patients are vulnerable people in the first instance) 

Did a lateral flow test yesterday as it’s been 7 (or 8, depending on what counts) days since symptoms. Basically thinking this will be negative and then one more today means I’m FREEEEEE….!

…still positive, **** sake 😐

• Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â