Generic Virus Thread

villakram

17 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Apparently not. According to Matt Hancock he reckons we’ll be asked to have one annually. Booster jabs every 2-3 months just isn’t acceptable.

WHy? Some people take medication 3 times a day, what makes one acceptable and not the other?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bickster said:

WHy? Some people take medication 3 times a day, what makes one acceptable and not the other?

I’m not sure to be honest Bicks. It just feels OTT for everyone to be doing that .

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Booking website now taking under 40’s, just booked my booster for 29th 0.6 miles away.

If I was willing to travel a bit I could get 24th, but I don’t want to risk feeling rough on Christmas Day.

On 07/12/2021 at 17:48, blandy said:

last times I walked to a hospital up the road a 100 yards from my house, for next week I have to travel to a nearby town and get it

The hospital texted me, now getting the booster there instead of miles away.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

If I was willing to travel a bit I could get 24th, but I don’t want to risk feeling rough on Christmas Day.

I looked at booking my booster the other day as I had a text from the NHS. Nearest local one to me (Sutton Town Hall) was 24th, and like you, didn't want to risk being ill on Christmas Day. 

I'll wait until the new year for mine now. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's always good to learn from VT and Twitter, rather than, say, the NHS or the UK government, that I am now able to apply for a booster. Definitely how public health is done best.

The government messaging about this has been dreadful. As expected. It's a miracle this country has got as many vaccinated as it has. I definitely think it's despite the government rather than because of them.

• Like 2

Off for my booster in a minute. I've had mixed reports from friends about the after effects, but hopefully I won't grow another cock or something.

Mind you...

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ended up at my pals daughters 21st birthday party last night for a couple of hours. It was at some community hall bout 100 kids and parents. Gotta say if I don't end up getting Omicron in the next week, I'm gonna take it I'm super human.

• Haha 4

So in South Africa they think the peak of the wave there is in a week or two - a really fast rise in December and now it is stalling quickly as well - and with no lock down measures. Anecdotal evidence of its milder nature is now being reinforced by two weeks worth of data. Absolutely impossible to know what will happen here, but we only have a few million more people in our population. We shall have to wait and see. 

23 minutes ago, blandy said:

I've just had my third prick.

If you write 5G on a Post-it, you'll have a Post-it with 5G written on it. That never happened before you had the booster.

Spooky.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â