Generic Virus Thread

villakram

23 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Since March, I've done the following outside of the house

Dropped off a birthday card and present for my brother and chatted for a bit.

Dropped off a birthday card and present for my sister and chatted for a bit.

Dropped off a birthday card and presents for my girlfriend and chatted for a few minutes stood outside her house.

Gone to a pharmacy a short walk away once a month.

Gone to a corner shop once a week.

Other than that, I've been alone, at home, working. I'm due to go to my sister's for Christmas. That'll be the first time I spend and length of time in a building that isn't my house in 9 months. Thank **** I don't live in the southeast. I'm pretty resilient and comfortable in my own company, but I think I might go nuts if I had to sit here on Christmas Day on my own.

I feel for you mate. 

I'm at my folks for Xmas Day... they're in tier 2 and part of my support bubble but even if they weren't, I'd still go. I've barely seen anyone in 9 months. 

43 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

My step daughter lives in London. She booked a train ticket for Dec 23 and was going home on 27th, like the guidelines dictated.

Now that's all down the shitter.

She and the wife are in bits.

possible happy ending to this story, we will see

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Yup, I'm reading lots of people either talking about flouting the rules entirely, or travelling tonight before it comes into effect.

The government's handling of a lot of this has been woeful, but honestly, with the amount of stupidity and selfishness from the public, I think we were doomed from the start.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Since March, I've done the following outside of the house

Dropped off a birthday card and present for my brother and chatted for a bit.

Dropped off a birthday card and present for my sister and chatted for a bit.

Dropped off a birthday card and presents for my girlfriend and chatted for a few minutes stood outside her house.

Gone to a pharmacy a short walk away once a month.

Gone to a corner shop once a week.

Other than that, I've been alone, at home, working. I'm due to go to my sister's for Christmas. That'll be the first time I spend and length of time in a building that isn't my house in 9 months. Thank **** I don't live in the southeast. I'm pretty resilient and comfortable in my own company, but I think I might go nuts if I had to sit here on Christmas Day on my own.

That sounds a lot like me (apart from going to your sisters for Christmas. I don’t think she’d appreciate me turning up out of nowhere). 
Trying to work out if I’m still allowed into my support bubble this week (the other half and the little one are in Brighton).  I suspect not and it looks like a lonely London Christmas for me. 

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

That sounds a lot like me (apart from going to your sisters for Christmas. I don’t think she’d appreciate me turning up out of nowhere). 
Trying to work out if I’m still allowed into my support bubble this week (the other half and the little one are in Brighton).  I suspect not and it looks like a lonely London Christmas for me. 

Brighton should be ok, I think the whole of Sussex is tier two still.  I'm not sure why Kent has been so much worse than here in Sussex.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup, I'm reading lots of people either talking about flouting the rules entirely, or travelling tonight before it comes into effect.

The government's handling of a lot of this has been woeful, but honestly, with the amount of stupidity and selfishness from the public, I think we were doomed from the start.

I mean that’s exactly what they want you to think to be fair. Let’s tell people they can have a five day Christmas, cancel it four days beforehand and then blame it on the people when they don’t follow the rules. 

• Like 3

Â