Generic Virus Thread

villakram

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I'm glad they have seen sense on that to be honest.

In theory it makes sense if it is used in the way as intended. I’m worried people will find a way round it but hopefully not. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

In theory it makes sense if it is used in the way as intended. I’m worried people will find a way round it but hopefully not. 

Yes, like most things it can be abused, and I'm sure there will be individuals who do so, but the benefits are greater than the drawbacks IMO.

• Like 2

Its not fantastic news but Lockdown 2 isn't going to be quite as bad as Lockdown 1.  More things will be open.  

Businesses and venues which can remain open

Other businesses are permitted to stay open, following COVID-19 Secure guidelines. This includes those providing essential goods or services, including:

·        Essential retail such as food shops, supermarkets, pharmacies, garden centres, hardware stores, building merchants and off-licences.

·        Petrol Stations, car repair and MOT services, bicycle shops, and taxi and vehicle hire businesses.

·        Banks, building societies, post offices, loan providers and money transfer businesses

·        Funeral directors

·        Launderettes and dry cleaners

·        Medical and dental services

·        Vets and pet shops

·        Agricultural supplies shops

·        Storage and distribution facilities

·        Car parks, public toilets and motorway service areas.

·        Outdoor playgrounds

Public Services

The majority of public services will continue and you will be able to leave home to visit them. These include:

·        the NHS and medical services like GPs and dentists. We are supporting the NHS to safely carry out urgent and non-urgent services and it is vital anyone who thinks they need any kind of medical care comes forward and seeks help

·        Jobcentre Plus sites

·        Courts and probation services

·        Civil Registrations Offices

·        Passport and Visa Services

·        Services provided to victims

·        Waste or Recycling Centres

If you really need a wok, get it now.

Stores in England will be told to cordon off non-essential products, if they are sold in separate departments, under rules to be brought in as part of Boris Johnson’s new lockdown.

The Grocer understands the UK government has told retailers it will not go as far as the Welsh ban, which forced vast swathes of non-essential goods to be closed off in supermarkets and c-stores across the country, when it launched its ongoing Covid ‘firebreak’.

Supermarkets will be allowed to continue to sell non-essential items when they are in “mixed aisles”.

However, in talks today the government told supermarket bosses new restrictions would be introduced in the second lockdown on the sale of such items when they were sold in seperate areas of the stores.

Retailers described the move as “confusing”

On 03/11/2020 at 16:59, fightoffyour said:

Tight restrictions in Sweden being introduced.

Only 8 people allowed to sit together in cafes and restaurants.

I don't even like 8 people on this planet! 

40 minutes ago, tinker said:

Estate agents can remain open but I can't visit my parents. Disgraceful situation 

I'm visiting my parents on Saturday. I can, officially, as they are in my support bubble, but to be honest. even if they weren't, i would still visit. They're getting old now and I need to ensure they are ok. Plus I barely come into contact with anyone else during the week! 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t remember the last time I sat at a table of 8

Office Xmas party last year for me I think. Jam House. Food was pish, but night was a laugh apart from some people abusing the money the boss had put behind the bar (worked out to be about 2 drinks each but some people had about 6 meaning others didn't get a single free drink)

I've been sent this (boring) video on WhatsApp and have spent an hour trying to prove it's absolute bollocks.

Most of it isn't worth watching, but you can see the supposed email from the NHS near the end.

Anyone with evidence to help me support a "defo bullshit" argument would be met with a virtual round of applause...

47 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've been sent this (boring) video on WhatsApp and have spent an hour trying to prove it's absolute bollocks.

Most of it isn't worth watching, but you can see the supposed email from the NHS near the end.

Anyone with evidence to help me support a "defo bullshit" argument would be met with a virtual round of applause...

My personal email test result had a subject with Your COVID-19 swab test result. 
Mine was via ipsos mori though. Any NHS results people able to check the sender format and title of the email. 

Edited by Seat68

Â