Generic Virus Thread

villakram

13 hours ago, blandy said:

Is it ****. That’s not remotely what these tubes were doing. Getting pissed in the street, sod the rules on staying home, never mind infecting people with virus, I want to wave my flag, ignore public health, **** the neighbours. words removed. Utter words removed.

To be fair people celebrated VE Day all over the country in a responsible way adhering to social distancing rules. I can’t see anything wrong with that and not sure why people on here are upset about it.  Nobody on my street did though the miserable gits.

Unfortunately you’ll always get the odd idiots though. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

37 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Why are garden centres being prioritised when a large amount of people who use them are over 70

Because a huge proportion of people who use them - for plants, gardening supplies, &c. - are not over 70.

• Like 2

Tbh we need to visit a garden centre, we need pots and compost for the seedlings we've been growing, peppers, radishes, carrots, basil, parsley, beetroot and I believe my daughter is also growing lettuce but that seems a bit pointless unless its a distraction for the birds

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Nice to see VE day celebrated, remembering all those who perished in the wars, with no.24 leading the way by solemnly playing Black Lace via a bluetooth speaker from their front garden. 

Nobby, aged 54 drained the last of his warm can of stella and proclaimed "It's a socially distanced conga line....whaddya mean I'll be breathing in the exhaled breath of the geezer in front of me ?!?"

This is why we can't have nice things.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Because a huge proportion of people who use them - for plants, gardening supplies, &c. - are not over 70.

Absolutely true but equally as true that they are a hotspot for elderly folk, every time I’ve visited one at least 50% of the people there are quite aged.

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

‘Conga, conga. War dead!’

’Conga, conga, War dead!’

’la la laaa la, la la laaa la’

Solemn, contemplative silence - CONGA!

Solemn, contemplative silence - CONGA!

La la laaa la.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Absolutely true but equally as true that they are a hotspot for elderly folk, every time I’ve visited one at least 50% of the people there are quite aged.

I'd take a punt that you may not be going to them that frequently and, when you do, you're seeing a large number of those older people who are there to get out for a meal at the cafe/restaurant (a coach/bus trip for that reason is quite common) and I wouldn't be expecting those parts of the business to be allowed to open.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

I thought it odd all along that I can buy paint and tiles but not onion sets or toms.

Why was painting considered more important than growing your own vegetables.

It’s not like the food supply chain was a rip roaring success.

I can paint the spare bedroom in June, or July, or October. Getting food crops in the ground kinda has to happen now.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I thought it odd all along that I can buy paint and tiles but not onion sets or toms.

Why was painting considered more important than growing your own vegetables.

It’s not like the food supply chain was a rip roaring success.

I can paint the spare bedroom in June, or July, or October. Getting food crops in the ground kinda has to happen now.

Yes I see that point now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

I can't join in the angry pigeon holing of huge swathes of the population. The only persons I know personally who did any celebrating in the street was my 90 something year old relative who very much lived through the war and the family members who live with her as carers. When I spoke to them last week she was planning to sit outside the front door shouting across hedges to her equally old neighbours in her street where they've mostly all lived for decades and know each other's names. 

If that’s in part at least in response to my post, then I’ve absolutely no problem with your relative. I pigeon holed a bunch of 30, 40, 50, 60 year olds congregating around tables and chairs they’d set up in the streets. No social distancing, no respect for anyone. Just utterly flouting the law, celebrating not the coming of peace 75 years ago, but how “we” beat the Germans. I live in a Tory voting, Brexit town. That’s ok, people can vote how they want, but when they add anti foreigner, social irresponsibility on to that, they’re commemorating nothing but their own ignorance. Virus Brexity Words removed. Brexiters remainers who did like your relative- fair play. 

Honestly think we will see a second wave in 2-3 weeks, the death toll will start going back up and the rest of the world will look at us and continue shaking their heads.

Street parties, bbq's, garden parties, neighbours chatting to each other at the front door; all witnessed over the last 24 hours. Facebook full of people showing photo's of their 'socially distanced' parties when in the background you can see people chatting from different households and with no distance between. 

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Honestly think we will see a second wave in 2-3 weeks, the death toll will start going back up and the rest of the world will look at us and continue shaking their heads.

Street parties, bbq's, garden parties, neighbours chatting to each other at the front door; all witnessed over the last 24 hours. Facebook full of people showing photo's of their 'socially distanced' parties when in the background you can see people chatting from different households and with no distance between. 

Be interesting if there are entire streets ill in 2-4 weeks time.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Be interesting if there are entire streets ill in 2-4 weeks time.

Definitely wouldn't miss some of the utter words removed that live round my way. Scum of the highest order. No chance they'll get it though, it's always someone decent and hard-working :(

Except that’s not really quite how it works, is it?

We won’t have Nightingale’s re-opening in 3 weeks, because in three weeks, even if people partying were infected, they’ll dab 7 others. Of those 7 others most will be fine, only a very small number will get genuinely ill. But 6 of those 7 will potentially go and dab another 6 or 7 etc etc.

What yesterday may have done, is stretch out the recovery by a couple more months. As yesterday’s dabbers are told on Sunday by part time worker Johnson that they can go back to work some time soon.

All back to work just in time for yesterday’s parties to have touched 2 or 3 iterations. Or to talk in r numbers that we’re all now expert in, we’ll be returning to offices with an r of 0.8 where it could have been 0.7. Irrelevant for most, lethal for some. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Are the leaders of other countries doing so few of the daily briefings as UK?

I think Scotland and Wales almost always have their man person up there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â