Generic Virus Thread

villakram

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Did I say she did?

That is what your implying in your post. You call it a conspiracy theory but havent even watched the video so you have absolutely no idea what is discussed 

Even if i work for nhs what does that have ti do with absolutely anything? Im not a trained professional.

Its like me saying if you worked for  afootball club as a steward you would be  able to play football.

Anyway its past my bed time im done for tonight. You lot choose to laugh and ignore whats really going on then continue to do so. Thats your choice but i go by facts and what alot of what she says in relation to that dr is true if your do your research.

But laugh away.

Goodnight suckers 😘

The “Plandemic” video includes a clip of two California doctors that were also removed from YouTube after their “reckless” claims were criticized by medical and health professionals. The American College of Emergency Physicians and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine said that, "as owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.”

YouTube said last week that it was expanding its fact check information panels to the U.S. as coronavirus "reaffirmed how important it is for viewers to get accurate information during fast-moving events.”

“Misinformation that comes up quickly as part of a fast-moving news cycle, where unfounded claims and uncertainty about facts are common. (For example, a false report that COVID-19 is a bio-weapon.) Our fact check information panels provide fresh context in these situations by highlighting relevant, third-party fact-checked articles above search results for relevant queries, so that our viewers can make their own informed decision about claims made in the news,” YouTube said.

In the video, Mikovits — a molecular biologist described by some sites as an anti-vaxxer — tells filmmaker Mikki Willis that she was thrown in jail and placed under a gag order to silence her research suggesting a retrovirus known as xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus (XMRV) may be a cause for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS). She published a since discredited paper in 2009 and suggested the deadly virus was being delivered through vaccines.

“Plandemic” also features criticism of Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a leading member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force. According to Snopes, Mikovits also claimed in her 2014 book, “Plague: One Scientist’s Intrepid Search for the Truth about Human Retroviruses and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS), Autism, and Other Diseases,” that Fauci threatened in an email to have her arrested if she set foot on National Institutes of Health property to participate in a study by Dr. Frank Ruscetti attempting to validate her work.

“I have no idea what she is talking about,” Fauci told Snopes. “I can categorically state that I have never sent such an e-mail to Dr. Ruscetti. I had my IT people here at NIH search all my e-mails and no such e-mail exists. Having said that, I would never make such a statement in an e-mail that anyone ‘would be immediately arrested’ if they stepped foot on NIH property.”

Forbes notes that medical conspiracy theories have increased in popularity amid the coronavirus pandemic, and been spread on social media. Business Insider reports Bill Gates has been targeted by a number of debunked claims, including from far right sites like InfoWars, largely stemming from a patent filed in 2015 for a potential vaccine for a different coronavirus that affects poultry.

Sites like YouTube, Twitter and Facebook have said it would warn users who “liked” or shared coronavirus hoaxes, but Facebook has not removed the “Plandemic” video from Willis’ Facebook page, where it has been viewed more than 1.4 million times. Willis says the full movie will be released later this year.

Link

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That is what your implying in your post. You call it a conspiracy theory but havent even watched the video so you have absolutely no idea what is discussed 

Even if i work for nhs what does that have ti do with absolutely anything? Im not a trained professional.

Its like me saying if you worked for  afootball club as a steward you would be  able to play football.

Anyway its past my bed time im done for tonight. You lot choose to laugh and ignore whats really going on then continue to do so. Thats your choice but i go by facts and what alot of what she says in relation to that dr is true if your do your research.

But laugh away.

Goodnight suckers 😘

I didn’t imply it whatsoever. 

I would have thought someone who worked for NHS would understand the danger of spreading dangerous misinformation. You don’t have to be a trained professional to know how **** stupid that is. 

You haven’t gone by facts Dem. you’ve gone by a misleading, debunked, dangerous, tin foil hat nonsense video. 
The irony in you claiming we’re not seeing what’s really going on when you believe that shite is amazing. 

• Like 1

While we’re on conspiracy theories I had one t’other day.

What if we were on the verge of a global environmental disaster due to emissions and general pollution etc and this whole thing was manufactured as a smokescreen to get the world to chill da fuq out for a few months.

In all seriousness though, whilst conspiracy theories will (and in the majority, correctly) be laughed out of town nothing much would surprise me any more, every time I think the world can’t get any weirder and surreal something manages to ratchet it up a notch.

@Demitri_C

Why did you choose to interact with everyone laughing at you, yet ignore my question about why you can't tell us what she says? 

I genuinely don't want to chase people away who say or do things in good faith. I have no doubt there's weird stuff going on all over the place. 

Why do I have to generate income for a random youtube channel in order to learn the truth though? That's my question. 

What has youtube got to do with research? You're convinced but you can't let us know why? Why is this important truth a secret?

• Like 1

The only conspiracy I can see having much merit about this whole thing is the possibility that the virus isn't entirely natural and may be a case of someone **** up in a lab. But the thing with that is, it's kinda neither here nor there - it doesn't really matter if the thing is the result of decidedly shit food production methods in China, or if someone in a lab studying these kinds of viruses **** up and accidently got it outside the Jan environment. Ultimately it's here now and until there's an element of control over it it doesn't really matter what it's origin is. Anything else is nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Sigh i give up.

Who cares. you guys really need to wake up and see what the hell is going on. Bet not one of you even watched it and just dismissed it as 'conspiracy'

But yeah carry on burying your head in the sand

Oh good.

48 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

While we’re on conspiracy theories I had one t’other day.

What if we were on the verge of a global environmental disaster due to emissions and general pollution etc and this whole thing was manufactured as a smokescreen to get the world to chill da fuq out for a few months.

In all seriousness though, whilst conspiracy theories will (and in the majority, correctly) be laughed out of town nothing much would surprise me any more, every time I think the world can’t get any weirder and surreal something manages to ratchet it up a notch.

Georgia Guidestone kinda stuff. 

I know people are very worried about the number of people outside, but another day brings another paper (admittedly still awaiting peer-review) which suggests that there is a tiny amount of transmission outdoors, this time from cases in China:

Indoor transmission of SARS-CoV-2

'Background: By early April 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic had infected nearly one million people and had spread to nearly all countries worldwide. It is essential to understand where and how SARS-CoV-2 is transmitted. Methods: Case reports were extracted from the local Municipal Health Commissions of 320 prefectural cities (municipalities) in China, not including Hubei province, between 4 January and 11 February 2020. We identified all outbreaks involving three or more cases and reviewed the major characteristics of the enclosed spaces in which the outbreaks were reported and associated indoor environmental issues. Results: Three hundred and eighteen outbreaks with three or more cases were identified, involving 1245 confirmed cases in 120 prefectural cities. We divided the venues in which the outbreaks occurred into six categories: homes, transport, food, entertainment, shopping, and miscellaneous. Among the identified outbreaks, 53.8% involved three cases, 26.4% involved four cases, and only 1.6% involved ten or more cases. Home outbreaks were the dominant category (254 of 318 outbreaks; 79.9%), followed by transport (108; 34.0%; note that many outbreaks involved more than one venue category). Most home outbreaks involved three to five cases. We identified only a single outbreak in an outdoor environment, which involved two cases. Conclusions: All identified outbreaks of three or more cases occurred in an indoor environment, which confirms that sharing indoor space is a major SARS-CoV-2 infection risk.'

(from: https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.04.20053058v1)

Of course it is possible that more people being outdoors will lead to greater transmission outdoors, but that isn't really what evidence is suggesting so far. I don't know what exactly is going to be announced by the government over the weekend, but allowing some restrictions on outdoor activity does not seem unreasonable to me. Mental health and physical fitness are also important.

• Like 1

Gah, if you'll excuse me I appear to have posted something vaguely serious by mistake.

Bowery Spin.gif

Aaaah, much better.

Edited by GarethRDR
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

The only conspiracy I can see having much merit about this whole thing is the possibility that the virus isn't entirely natural and may be a case of someone **** up in a lab. But the thing with that is, it's kinda neither here nor there - it doesn't really matter if the thing is the result of decidedly shit food production methods in China, or if someone in a lab studying these kinds of viruses **** up and accidently got it outside the Jan environment. Ultimately it's here now and until there's an element of control over it it doesn't really matter what it's origin is. Anything else is nonsense.

Don't you think it matters if scientists are being directed by lunatics to mess around with viruses to see if they can make them more virulent/lethal?

I could hardly imagine a practice that it would be more important to eliminate.

Obviously I don't know the truth behind any of the allegations floating around.  However, I have examined a little of what Mikovits has to say on a number of videos. It is clear that she is vastly experienced in the field and did a lot of important work in her day (Cancer/HIV). She claims she was directed to do this sort of experimenting on the ebola virus ffs.

Some people will immediately write her off as "antivacc" because of her claims of widespread contamination but she is not to be confused with the ill-informed lay people who have taken up that position.  I don't exclude the possibility that she has gone off the rails, but neither do I exclude the possibility that what she says about being shut down by nefarious interests is true. 

5 minutes ago, BigJim said:

Don't you think it matters if scientists are being directed by lunatics to mess around with viruses to see if they can make them more virulent/lethal?

I could hardly imagine a practice that it would be more important to eliminate.

Obviously I don't know the truth behind any of the allegations floating around.  However, I have examined a little of what Mikovits has to say on a number of videos. It is clear that she is vastly experienced in the field and did a lot of important work in her day (Cancer/HIV). She claims she was directed to do this sort of experimenting on the ebola virus ffs.

Some people will immediately write her off as "antivacc" because of her claims of widespread contamination but she is not to be confused with the ill-informed lay people who have taken up that position.  I don't exclude the possibility that she has gone off the rails, but neither do I exclude the possibility that what she says about being shut down by nefarious interests is true. 

I’ve no interest in the YouTube or conspiracy stuff, but  have to agree the bit in bold is a matter for concern, as I’m sure everyone would..

And it has been a concern for nearly a thousand years ever since some guys deliberately used virus infected donkeys to attack their enemy. And if we are lucky enough to survive another thousand years it will still be an issue. And there are all manner of pressure groups, political parties and other means of trying to tackle the issue - without giving attention to people who are serving their own self interests - even in the midst of such a deeply traumatic time for so many - on the internet.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â