The Royal Family

Genie

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Blimey - I didn't know that - I thought it was a couple of days after the funeral.

Takes a bit of planning. Security, world leaders' diaries, etc. 

Lizzie suceeded to the throne when her dad died on 6 Feb 1952, coronation was 2 June 1953. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Liz Truss is just so bad at speeches. Your average primary school teacher would do a thousand times better than this.

I'm not even that much of a royalist, but even I would go to town on this if I were PM. This deserves something far more monumental than a primary school report.

11 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

The BBC are taking it as confirmed now that Liz called him Charles III. I hope that's correct and she hasn't just assumed that name otherwise she'll look a right ninny.

There is no way she would have been allowed to announce this without agreement with the Palace. Government has a big say in such naming anyway and it be amazed if Charles's title as king hadn't been agreed months, if not years in advance.

15 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Liz Truss is just so bad at speeches. Your average primary school teacher would do a thousand times better than this.

Tbh, I'd rather it was her than Boris. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There was a lot of speculation that he was planning on George VII. 

Prince Albert rebadged himself as Edward VII on getting the job in 1901. 

Can't have a Jewish name when head of the church of England. Hence why David became Edward VII and Albert became George VI.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â