The Royal Family

Genie

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

So now we wait to find out when there will be mourning days and a coronation, when we'll have days off work, whether the football will be cancelled this weeekend, next weekend or whatever, whether the shops will be closed, all that sort of malarkey.

I can’t imagine that all of the money in the Premier League with international broadcasters etc that it will just be cancelled?

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

RIP

Probably died 5 or 6 hours ago, but like others have said, waited until the family arrived. 

3pm apparently 

• Like 1

Well, RIP Liz. I suspect she was the only thing holding the monarchy together and we’ll be a republic before I end up in the ground.

I know it’s not a sentiment many share on here but I liked the Queen and had a lot of respect for her 70 years of service. Not a job I’d have taken if offered, even if I’d also have got all the castles and butlers that came with it.

Certainly one of our greatest monarchs (albeit a low bar from some perspectives).

She always seemed like a decent sort, let down by some of her family. 

Crazy to think that she was Queen when my Mom, who is 68, was born! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Sad news. I know all the arguments against the monarchy and blah de blah, but putting all that aside, I liked her and she seemed a decent person. RIP

Yeah me too, if you look at all the deplorable people in our society, culture, positions of power, politics, within the Royal family she's always seemed like a good egg to me

I can understand not liking the royal family or what she represented but not sure anyone wouldn't like her as a person 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

She did seem a decent sort all things considered, the rest of the family all have critics of various sorts, but no one really seemed to have a bad word for her. 

She was always kind of there and constant, like the moon and the sea. 

RIP

As a republican, that's  pretty fair and how I feel

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I can’t imagine that all of the money in the Premier League with international broadcasters etc that it will just be cancelled?

Brighton V Palace is off cos of some Representatives for Wellingborough striking 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â