The Royal Family

Genie

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Most of the country? I think not. 

Just watched the BBC 10 o'clock news. I fully expected the Coronation to be the lead story. No problem with that. But it was the only story. The entire news programme. Like nothing else is going on in the world. The people who care about this stuff watched it all day, anyway (BBC gave us no options - same schedule on BBC1 and BBC2). Can they not accept that - impressive though the spectacle undoubtedly was - there are other (arguably much more) important things happening? 

I agree,  there’s other pressing matters too but don’t be surprised it’s overtaken everything today and tomorrow 

https://brandfinance.com/press-releases/new-analysis-finds-the-uk-monarchy-produces-a-net-economic-benefit-for-the-uk

-A new and updated cost-benefit audit conducted by Brand Finance reveals that the Royal Family continues to make a positive financial impact on the United Kingdom’s economy, despite costs rising and benefits declining.

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Where?

https://www.investmentmonitor.ai/features/how-much-money-does-the-monarchy-bring-to-the-uk/

How much money does the monarchy bring to the UK? Some £1.7bn a year…

Criticism and praise for the monarchy has heightened following the death of Queen Elizabeth II. Her funeral cost UK taxpayers millions, but the royal institution brings in far greater sums each year.

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

But it’s still adored worldwide 

By whom? If Facebook is anything to go by, its biggest fans are middle aged American women who see it as a fluffy soap opera, mostly based on the Netflix 'Crown' series, and 'Hello' type magazines. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

For me it’s more to do with our identity, hence why I feel we should keep the monarchy. It’s like taking away our claret and blue colours. 

'Our'? 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

By whom? If Facebook is anything to go by, its biggest fans are middle aged American women who see it as a fluffy soap opera, mostly based on the Netflix 'Crown' series, and 'Hello' type magazines. 

By the millions of people that visit and watch every year 

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I’m not sure what you’re saying?

You’re saying the figures are available but you don’t want to post from a source that’s ropey?

As you will see, I’ve stuck them up anyway, but my point is the last time that somebody put these figures into the VT ether they were dismissed out of hand, even though the firm is a fully regulated accountancy practice with substantial reporting listed, showing how they came to their conclusions

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Probably going to be a mix of being with his family without the trouble and strife, and also being happy for his father on his coronation day. But how they try eh

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Seems happy for his father probably. It’s stuff like this which adds fuel to the fire. As bad as the other side who try and make him look bad. Tit for tat I suppose.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â