The Royal Family

Genie

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not one anti monarchy protest today on show at the coronation, not one. The country really did welcome in the king with style. Surprised there wasn’t any protests, maybe they got given the wrong location and fell for it. 

It’s what we do, and we do it better than any country on Earth

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

On the Penny Mordaunt sword thing...

To be fair if you asked Truss to hold it she'd probably fall over and drop it. She can barely walk under her own weight. 

Edited by sidcow

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

She is beautiful without a doubt.

Atleast Wills has shown a bit of class having a wife like her, unlike his younger brother and the yacht girl.

William is all about class . 

53 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not one anti monarchy protest today on show at the coronation, not one. The country really did welcome in the king with style. Surprised there wasn’t any protests, maybe they got given the wrong location and fell for it. 

I went to London and joined the protesters. They may not have shown us on the tv but we were definitely there

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

No. It wasn't. It was a particular subset of clichéd 'Britishness', curated for TV consumption. 

I thought most of the country was joining in with the celebrations with tea and cake ? I had an extra slice today for the king .

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

An I thought protest was about change. They are wasting there time on this one, as there gonna change **** all.

It’s all pretending there’s a massive Republican movement in this country, which there isn’t

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

It’s all pretending there’s a massive Republican movement in this country, which there isn’t

Recent polling suggests 25% of the population already supports the abolition of the monarchy 

Read a few comments about the money the taxpayers pay towards the royal family and events like today . Correct me if I’m wrong but the royal family generate far more money for the country in a year than it costs the taxpayers over a year .

6 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Read a few comments about the money the taxpayers pay towards the royal family and events like today . Correct me if I’m wrong but the royal family generate far more money for the country in a year than it costs the taxpayers over a year .

Where did you get those figures from?

You post your figures. 

24 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I thought most of the country was joining in with the celebrations with tea and cake ? I had an extra slice today for the king .

Most of the country? I think not. 

Just watched the BBC 10 o'clock news. I fully expected the Coronation to be the lead story. No problem with that. But it was the only story. The entire news programme. Like nothing else is going on in the world. The people who care about this stuff watched it all day, anyway (BBC gave us no options - same schedule on BBC1 and BBC2). Can they not accept that - impressive though the spectacle undoubtedly was - there are other (arguably much more) important things happening? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You post your figures. 

Brand Finance did the math but apparently they are not credible zzzzzzz

Just now, Follyfoot said:

Brand Finance did the math but apparently they are not credible zzzzzzz

I’m not sure what you’re saying?

You’re saying the figures are available but you don’t want to post from a source that’s ropey?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You post your figures. 

Various places on line. In 2021/22 the royal family cost the tax payers 102 million but generated around 1.7 billion . 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â