The Royal Family

Genie

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

Definition: a theory that rejects the standard explanation for an event and instead credits a covert group or organization with carrying out a secret plot

It’s a pointless discussion which i’m sure is boring everyone so I’ll leave it at that. 

Whatever the dictionary definition, most people would understand the term 'conspiracy' to have sinister undertones - something potentially harmful to particular individuals, groups or even society as a whole. Something that should be exposed and perhaps punished. 

Economy with the truth over the exact timing of the death of a monarch is clearly none of these things - it's merely a way of managing a timetable, a bit of admin. 

It's like - say - filling in your timesheet with different (but not more) hours than you actually worked, because that makes processing it more convenient for the salaries and wages department. Technically, it's a lie, but nobody cares. Is that a conspiracy? Nope. Same sort of thing. 

Just now, Brumerican said:

I'm not bored in the slightest . I love teaching people new information and I love learning new things . I never thought I'd have to explain that the public is deceived on a daily basis in 2022 though.     Operation Unicorn is in itself a deliberately deceptive protocol that protects national security amongst other things. 

Also when somebody says "I'd put money on "  they are just conveying a high level of confidence rather than absolute certainty .  ( I put money on Villa all the time and am spectacularly wrong quite often )  How am I  supposed to take you seriously that you have read complicated documents consisting of thousands of different words when you can't grasp simple word definitions or common expressions?    

My definition of conspiracy and the official one on tinternet align perfectly with your repeated claims that what we’re told didn’t happen. You’re saying the state is lying about the official timeline. That is the definition of conspiracy theory, Oxford might as well copy and paste it into their literature.

The next point that seems to failing to be answered is why would they change it? As I said a couple of times, if there’s a logical reason then fine I am open to it. But it’s all secrety secret stuff sounds pretty silly. 

Sorry most powerful family in the country, possibly the world, your mum is dying but keep it under your hat under tomorrow lunchtime as there might be some traffic jams. We’ll go public after lunch so get ready to race up and pretend you saw her before you died for those secrety secret reasons.

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Whatever the dictionary definition, most people would understand the term 'conspiracy' to have sinister undertones - something potentially harmful to particular individuals, groups or even society as a whole. Something that should be exposed and perhaps punished. 

Economy with the truth over the exact timing of the death of a monarch is clearly none of these things - it's merely a way of managing a timetable, a bit of admin. 

It's like - say - filling in your timesheet with different (but not more) hours than you actually worked, because that makes processing it more convenient for the salaries and wages department. Technically, it's a lie, but nobody cares. Is that a conspiracy? Nope. Same sort of thing. 

I don’t think that example fits the definition of a conspiracy theory tbh Mike.

I’m open to the fact that the timeline might be altered if anyone can come up with a reason why they might do it. Nobody has.

The behaviour of the government and her closest family members also need to considered when suggesting it wasn’t as reported because they did a bloody good job of going along with the fabricated plan if it was false.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Sorry most powerful family in the country, possibly the world, your mum is dying but keep it under your hat under tomorrow lunchtime as there might be some traffic jams. We’ll go public after lunch so get ready to race up and pretend you saw her before you died for those secrety secret reasons.

Not even remotely implausible. It's the way they've lived all their lives. They have to (they're not 'powerful' at all). 

• Like 1

And, as already discussed, the 'official' time of death is when their staff doctors say it is. End of. 

Very much like the way the Queen's birthday wasn't her actual birthday. Protocol rules OK. 

Just now, Genie said:

My definition of conspiracy and the official one on tinternet align perfectly with your repeated claims that what we’re told didn’t happen. You’re saying the state is lying about the official timeline. That is the definition of conspiracy theory, Oxford might as well copy and paste it into their literature.

The next point that seems to failing to be answered is why would they change it? As I said a couple of times, if there’s a logical reason then fine I am open to it. But it’s all secrety secret stuff sounds pretty silly. 

The fact that you are still hung up on the traffic thing lets me know you haven't even scratched the surface on the level of detail that goes into this.

It's not a secret plot . It's a pre planned procedure that DELIBERATELY includes controlling the media and even telling  falsehoods if deemed necessary . 

They are one the most powerful families in the world , correct ,  which is why these deceptive  protocols are activated in the first place .  They would have rehearsed this day in fine detail.  The anchors practise their speeches well before the event ever happens for example.

Secrets and deception are pretty much a bedrock of all statecraft and politics.   

Just because you can't see the sense in it doesn't mean the intelligent folk who protect us don't . Thankfully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

All kids football cancelled too 

But why? 

Under 8s having a kick about tomorrow morning would make them disrespectful? It would be a personal insult to the memory of madge? 

Its bollocks 

We should all sit inside all day and be miserable in honour of her 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

**** storms, extreme weather, the queen died

It's amazing how many people across the country are using "respect" as an excuse to have a lazy Friday and do no work. Fair play.

As a mark of respect, I'm not writing or reviewing any code this afternoon.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's amazing how many people across the country are using "respect" as an excuse to have a lazy Friday and do no work. Fair play.

As a mark of respect, I'm not writing or reviewing any code this afternoon.

Just mentioned the Met Office thing to my missus, and she said "They're all down the pub". 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t think that example fits the definition of a conspiracy theory tbh Mike.

I’m open to the fact that the timeline might be altered if anyone can come up with a reason why they might do it. Nobody has.

The behaviour of the government and her closest family members also need to considered when suggesting it wasn’t as reported because they did a bloody good job of going along with the fabricated plan if it was false.

I'm going to jump in a little bit being an emergency services worker myself for the last 20 years....

The reality is that there are plans in protocols in place for certain events. What I've learnt over the years is that they exist for a reason. Sometimes we won't know why they're there, they're just there. 

With regards to the timeline in this case, the death of a monarch is a massive event (I hate to use that word, but that's what it is.) - there'll be logistics that need to be in place, a wide variety of scenarios have to be considered such as the impact the news would have on the public at large, there will be scenarios that we won't even consider as a result of the news being broken.

Also consider that at times before the news being broken and the reaction, fanfare and celebrations of her life take place, it's entirely appropriate for the family to be given time to grieve and process before it's common knowledge and out in the public domain. That's the compassionate side of things.

Logistically a lot of things and plans would have to be activated, at multiple levels (ministerial, public services, etc) before it would be appropriate to allow the news out in the public domain for those previously mentioned reasons. Reasons that as the general public we won't be privy to and that we would probably say "eh?" to, but make no mistake the whole process has been meticulously planned - and the timeline? Only a few people would know the real timeline but the reasons behind altering it for the public would probably be tenfold, deliberately planned and the explicit reasons it's done this way? We'll probably never know but it could be as simple as the late Queen wanted most people at home with their loved ones when the news broke, and they were told at the earliest possible time, to something way more measured and complex.

• Like 3

The wife and I seem to sync in with Royal events. We moved into our current house on the day Princess Di carked it. And if the funeral is on Sunday 18th, that's our 40th wedding anniversary, and we're travelling up to the NE coast for a short break. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â