The Royal Family

Genie

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Put them all in the Tower for the night, see how they like that, can protest as much as they want then

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Put them all in the Tower for the night, see how they like that, can protest as much as they want then

Never ever make a post about your democratic rights, you clearly don't want them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mrs H is dressed in red white and blue as we watch it

she just rung her mum in Hungary who is excited and watching it with some of her family 

• Haha 1

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Mrs H is dressed in red white and blue as we watch it

she just rung her mum in Hungary who is excited and watching it with some of her family 

I'm just off out Food shopping and other household purchases. Perfect time in most places to do this but if it wasn't for the Liverpool game I suspect It might be busy in the shops here

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m still expecting just stop oil to have a show stopping performance up their sleeve.

Reforming The Spice Girls? 

• Haha 1

I hope those fawning appreciate that they're doing so over an over-privilaged multi-billionaire. And I hope at some point on a level they question what that means about them.

Edited by Rolta

On 04/05/2023 at 18:32, foreveryoung said:

I read this through this thread and start to understand why some are so staunch on certain topics.

Its like we can't say anything about the geezer dressed as a women in lycra with his package showing, as its all good these days. But ofcourse its no problem taking the piss out the people who enjoy go to a parade of the royals for the rare day that it is. Its history to them, let them be, like we have to accept Sam Smith dressed in a basque with stockings on, in reality what's worse.

On 04/05/2023 at 19:51, tonyh29 said:

I get what the poster is trying say even if his analogy may be a strange one 

I don’t think he’s arguing you can’t be against the royal family , just the derision aimed at those that want to go see such an event  and camp on the streets of London .

why do we feel the need to sneer just because people have a different opinion , is the message he was looking for (I think )

On 04/05/2023 at 21:40, foreveryoung said:

Really it was the disrespect of the people who want to watch the parade and support them royals,  rather than the royals themselves. 

I guess what im saying is VT can be a place for severe hypocrisy at times.

I know theres a couple of pages on it and perhaps I should let it lie. I'm not trying to re-open a can of worms, but I'm really struggling with seeing any hypocrisy if I'm honest. I agree with your final sentence that VT can be hypocritical at times, but I'm not seeing it here unless im missing something.

AFAIK no one on VT (or in the wider society) is suggesting that 'we can't say' nasty things about other people, make jokes about them, or criticize their opinions or life choices - and if they are, dont go near the SHA thread FFS! 😬

And obviously (As I remind my dad frequently when he trots out 'you can't say XYZ anymore' on a regular basis) we can say whatever we want and like or dislike whatever we want for whatever reason we want. The society around us has changed though, to be a bit more accepting of difference and less receptive to bigotry. So the dopamine hit one might have got from a 'joke' landing 20/30 years ago down the pub might attract a different response today depending on the crowd. I find it difficult to leave the notion of "we can't say this/that anymore" unchallenged. I think it fosters a feeling of oppression or victimhood where there is none.

As for Sam Smith I recently found out who that is when I asked someone "who's that word removed in the inflatable trousers?" Because I thought they looked ****ing stupid as trousers go - But I could rationalise my position. It's not unreasonable like "I just don't like trousers me" or mocking him for his sexuality, race, religeon and so on.

But comparing mocking some stockholm syndrome suffering royalists, to mocking "the geezer dressed as a women" isn't really comparing like with like to my way of thinking.

12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Has Saturday kitchen been cancelled for this? Why is it on bbc one and two? **** me.

Its even on Polish Tv!

The palace has essentially assumed editorial control of the BBC for the weekend, seriously

• Sad 1

On 04/05/2023 at 21:42, chrisp65 said:

Vox pops are not exactly the highest bar for journalism at the best of times but reservations aside, the selective reasoning on display here is stunningly awful.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â