The Royal Family

Genie

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

I must need a rebate on my higher rate tax level then, can you jump ship to HMRC to sort it for me, ta

Please start a new topic if you'd like to keep talking about how fabulously wealthy you are.:trollface:

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Please start a new topic if you'd like to keep talking about how fabulously wealthy you are.:trollface:

I thought these days wealth was measured in sheds?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, bickster said:

I really don't as my three wages rises in a year putting me in the higher tax bracket testify

And this really isn't the discussion.

Can't you all accept that some, which is probably in the millions are in that situation. None of your social circles represent a full spectrum of UK workers so stop arguing the toss over something that isn't the point.

It's not about the greatness of my employers, its about being forced to take a day off to celebrate this horseshit

Nobody is saying what you’re employer is doing isn’t shit. And nobody is saying that other people aren’t in the same position. 

But your original post said that MOST people are in the same position. And that people who get the bank holiday as an extra day are the lucky minority.  
Some of us have disputed that. That’s all

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No it isn’t. 

Yes it is

Statutory annual leave entitlement
Most workers who work a 5-day week must receive at least 28 days’ paid annual leave a year. This is the equivalent of 5.6 weeks of holiday.[...]

[...]

Bank holidays
Bank or public holidays do not have to be given as paid leave.

An employer can choose to include bank holidays as part of a worker’s statutory annual leave.[...]

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights

But your original post said that MOST people are in the same position. And that people who get the bank holiday as an extra day are the lucky minority.  
Some of us have disputed that. That’s all

Some people have suggested hardly anyone has that as their work conditions. That is clearly nonsense, millions of people will. Millions across many industries.

51 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Looks as though it is going to piss down on Charlies parade on Saturday. You'd think as he is being anointed by God he could have pulled a few strings with the weather. Oh well.

You are looking at it the wrong way. To be fair to god, he has arranged for him to have a sparkly hat of diamonds on a rainy day.

• Haha 1

To celebrate the Coronation, Royal Mail decided to paint a letter box red white and blue. It’s the letterbox directly outside the Owain Glyndwr pub.

That went well.

If anyone has any stickers left, there is still some space on it, but you’ll have to be quick.

• Haha 4

Just now, BOF said:

EDIT : Not even going to post that for humour and let the hate-filled shit be seen.

You have subverted their business model.

Hopefully many more will take your lead.

• Like 1

I have no strongly-held opinions one way or the other on the monarchy, but if anything were to convert me to the side of hardcore republicanism, it's being told by the police that they are going to "deal robustly with anyone intent on undermining this celebration".

• Like 3

What's the procedure when Just Stop Oil glue themselves to the golden carriage? Snipers? Wailing and clutching of pearls? Quickly chuck a gibbet up in Trafalgar Square? Disappointed glowering and grumbling?

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â