The Royal Family

Genie

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And after they’ve read an auto-biography?

If you think you know someone who is famous after reading their autobiography then fine (this one was ghost written by the way as are most of them.)

But I disagree with you as an autobiography as with a public appearance or interview is a crafted experience designed to give you an impression. It isn’t a chance to get to know someone.

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

If you think you know someone who is famous after reading their autobiography then fine (this one was ghost written by the way as are most of them.)

But I disagree with you as an autobiography as with a public appearance or interview is a crafted experience designed to give you an impression. It isn’t a chance to get to know someone.

Harry's Uncle Andrew says Hi at this point :D 

Sometimes those interviews aren't very well crafted at all :mrgreen: 

• Haha 1

On 09/01/2023 at 20:38, sidcow said:

If the IMPORTANT thing is to tell his story, set the record straight, protect his wife, respond to allegations etc. Why isn't he doing it for free? 

He's just telling tittle tattle to make money.  And he's got to make it juicy to earn the big bucks. Fine, but don't try to dress it up as a crusade to get the truth out there. 

Totally agree. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Totally agree. 

Again. Why would he do it for free?

Why would he go through the process of making a documentary, that will make Netflix money, and produce a book that will make the publisher loads of money, and not get anything back?

That makes no sense. 

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Why would he go through the process of making a documentary, that will make Netflix money, and produce a book that will make the publisher loads of money, and not get anything back?

That makes no sense. 

His options were

1) Do some free interviews (like Oprah etc), say what you want go say and get it off your chest.

2) Sell your story to the likes of Netflix and Book publishers and get very rich. 

3) Keep your mouth shut.

The downside of 1) and 2) will be an increase in the thing you say you absolutely hate.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

His options were

1) Do some free interviews (like Oprah etc), say what you want go say and get it off your chest.

2) Sell your story to the likes of Netflix and Book publishers and get very rich. 

3) Keep your mouth shut.

The downside of 1) and 2) will be an increase in the thing you say you absolutely hate.

It will also be an increase in allowing you to tell your side of things after years of seeing your wife destroyed by the British Media. 

• Haha 1

They both seem pretty self absorbed and deluded, but they absolutely have a point about the way she was treated in the media compared to kate. 

E.g. Meghan touches her baby bump 'she's attention seeking'. Kate does the same 'what a loving mother'.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

That makes no sense. 

They have reportedly made $200 million from both the netflix documentary and the book deal to support their luxurious extravagent lifestyle. Its hard to feel any empathy for him. My empathy lies with william and kate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaulC said:

My empathy lies with william and kate.

Empathy? HTF can you empathise with any member of the Royal Soap Opera. Who are you Jeff Bezos? How would any of us be able to understand and share the same feelings as any of them

Seriously, either get a grip of your delusion or read a dictionary

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Empathy? HTF can you empathise with any member of the Royal Soap Opera. Who are you Jeff Bezos? How would any of us be able to understand and share the same feelings as any of them

Seriously, either get a grip of your delusion or read a dictionary

Im not anti royalist like you. I say why do it at all? Why cant he get a job like anybody else? Who cares about it anyway

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I say why do it at all?

because whether they do or not the daily mail etc is still going to tell its own version of their story. they want to tell their side. and as others have said, why do it for free?

they were getting battered by the press well before all these interviews and stuff so a section of the public hated them anyway.

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

because whether they do or not the daily mail etc is still going to tell its own version of their story. they want to tell their side. and as others have said, why do it for free?

they were getting battered by the press well before all these interviews and stuff so a section of the public hated them anyway.

I know but if they had just got on with their lives after leaving the royal family and not done the Oprah interview and the rest the media might have been easier on them. They are airing their dirty laundry in public so they are going to get slaughtered. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I know but if they had just got on with their lives after leaving the royal family and not done the Oprah interview and the rest the media might have been easier on them. 

They were getting grief from the press well before that to the point that Megan had to sue them and force them to apologise. IMO it never would've ended, interviews or no interviews 

• Like 4

The Harry and Meghan thing I suspect is more complex than the story being portrayed. Initially their relationship was pretty lauded iirc, the press being on side with Harry and his new thing being a very pretty very glamorous woman. With that came the press intrusion, which is wrong of course, and they pushed back, which turned the narrative for the press. At the same time I suspect they tried to push back against the 'institution' of the Royal Family, which would have gone down like a lead balloon, especially if it was felt to be coming from an outsider - Meghan has been open that she was shocked around various protocol matters for instance. That will have pissed off the institution, and that has turned into a whisper campaign with the press that was only too happy to attack someone they felt had tried to break the game.

Eventually that has to break somewhere and Harry and Meghan stepped away. Unfortunately because of who they are they can't disappear and they can't really live normal lives, so they have to cash in on the one thing they have - the inside track on the most private organisation in the world. So they've whored that story out. I don't blame them in doing that, but that's a high risk choice. Bridges burnt for Harry and there's only so many stories you can flog.

I do also wonder if a couple of other things have played their part. Firstly I think Harry knows he's the black sheep, probably literally - Charles ain't his dad. Knowing that, inherently, is going to divorce you from the institution, even if it's only an inkling and even moreso if it's reflected in the institution itself too.

And secondly Meghan is unfortunately cursed with a couple of related things. She's American, which the British establishment has always slightly looked down on. And she's an actress with that inherent sense of falseness about her that is very easy to dislike. I know a few people that, despite not being royal fans or even particularly interested, didn't like her even when she first appeared because their instant 'read' of her was of her being insincere and false.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PaulC said:

They have reportedly made $200 million from both the netflix documentary and the book deal to support their luxurious extravagent lifestyle. Its hard to feel any empathy for him. My empathy lies with william and kate.

So what? How much does the daily mail make from their hateful reporting each year? 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â