The Royal Family

Genie

7 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I thought the Muslim invaders had destroyed all our cultures?

Just wait until King Mohammed! 

There will be minarets replacing the turrets at Windsor. 

Edited by Xela

I was reading something about postboxes the other day (go me!).The majority of them have the ER cypher but there are still quite a lot from previous Monarch's, including a fair amount of VR ones. 

I was wondering if there will be that many with Charles' cypher on, because in truth, how many new post boxes go up? I guess replacement ones for old ones or ones that have been driven into!

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

I was reading something about postboxes the other day (go me!).The majority of them have the ER cypher but there are still quite a lot from previous Monarch's, including a fair amount of VR ones. 

I was wondering if there will be that many with Charles' cypher on, because in truth, how many new post boxes go up? I guess replacement ones for old ones or ones that have been driven into!

Yeah, they will last for decades he'll only get ones which are rotted beyond the point of no return or as you say damaged. 

But then thinking about it, they must put them up in new housing estates.  I bet for example Dickens Heath has a fair few brand new post boxes. 

But really, I mean actual post, is that still a thing? I haven't posted anything for as least 2 years etc Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

As an aside apparently George VI shillings were still legal tender until 1991.  I mean, that's modern times innit. 

15 hours ago, Xela said:

The pikeys keep stealing post boxes around our way , presumably for the scrap value ,unless they are avid collectors of postal memorabilia 

so I'd imagine these will get replaced with CR versions , should royal mail decide to replace them 

Edited by tonyh29

16 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

but , I do subscribe to the she died around this time club , rather than the she died earlier / the day before club 

Wait!   She was clubbed to death???   I missed that.   Must have been too distracted by the timeline controversy.

I don't really have an opinion on Chuck3 doing speeches, but it's definitely interesting that if any Prime Minister of the last 70 years had asked the monarch not to so something for political reasons, it wouldn't have been immediately leaked to the press.

Took about two weeks for things to be different. 

Edited by ml1dch

On 30/09/2022 at 18:34, Xela said:

Just wait until King Mohammed! 

There will be minarets replacing the turrets at Windsor. 

It’s ok, they killed him off in a tunnel. 

I wasn’t upset about the queens death, I mean why would I be. She had a good life and seemed nice enough. I definitely support the monarchy though . It’s a big part of us and gives us a lot of identity. I think the uk is better for it. 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I wasn’t upset about the queens death, I mean why would I be. She had a good life and seemed nice enough. I definitely support the monarchy though . It’s a big part of us and gives us a lot of identity. I think the uk is better for it. 

You can't just walk back into our lives and start raking over the old ashes. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â