The Royal Family

Genie

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Oh this argument again. Because nobody goes to Versailles since they took care of their royals.

I'm curious how many people on here have ever visited a country purely because they wanted to see their royal family? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

He could, but then would things be changed so inheritance tax might apply? I mean how many billions has he just inherited tax free? So while the rules that apply to us don’t apply to him, he has to do a load of pomp and nonsense in return.

Wait a minute... My son can avoid paying inheritance tax if he arranges a 10 day street party on my road and makes all my neighbours pay for it just as long as he does some mingling about? 

Yeah, I've changed my mind. Sign me up. I'm now Team Monarchy! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Oh this argument again. Because nobody goes to Versailles since they took care of their royals.

500 million a year outlay for 2.5 billion back, those are the facts. It’s impossible to gauge how many less or more people would visit to the UK and the Royal sites without the monarchy so your comparison is deeply flawed to suit your anti Royal agenda

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm curious how many people on here have ever visited a country purely because they wanted to see their royal family? 

Few as I would imagine the sole reason for most on here attending any type of gig like that would be to try to get them beheaded

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Does it matter what we do? Other people do.

Visit Britain did research indicating £500M is generated per year from the 2.8M people visiting Royal residences. Whilst no research has been done to indicate how many foreign travellers visit Britain solely or partly for this purpose 60% of foreign tourists who visit London attend one of the Royal residences. 

10 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

500 million a year outlay for 2.5 billion back, those are the facts. It’s impossible to gauge how many less or more people would visit to the UK and the Royal sites without the monarchy so your comparison is deeply flawed to suit your anti Royal agenda

You say without a hint of irony or awareness that your numbers are equally flawed for the exact same reason.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Does it matter what we do? Other people do.

Visit Britain did research indicating £500M is generated per year from the 2.8M people visiting Royal residences. Whilst no research has been done to indicate how many foreign travellers visit Britain solely or partly for this purpose 60% of foreign tourists who visit London attend one of the Royal residences. 

But my point is that it's highly likely those people would still visit the country and those palaces (which would likely be more accessible) if we didn't have a Monarchy. If Royalists can dismiss people saying that it's impossible to calculate the difference then they themselves can't rely on these figures to support the Monarchy. 

• Like 4

Just now, Rds1983 said:

But my point is that it's highly likely those people would still visit the country and those palaces (which would likely be more accessible) if we didn't have a Monarchy. If Royalists can dismiss people saying that it's impossible to calculate the difference then they themselves can't rely on these figures to support the Monarchy. 

And as has been discussed so many times, without the royals living in the palaces, they could be more open to the public and potentially raise even more.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I do wonder how people would feel if it was a democratically elected head of state that made themselves exempt from legislation instead of a monarch

Like Blair 

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

The notion that one family is treated as special, is lauded and so obscenely over privileged is something that belongs in the past. It's so easy to have an anti royal agenda because it's a joke in the 21st century, and all it does is perpetuate this bullshit heirarchical, aristocratic, betters and their minions inequality in the national psyche. Living in a place with no king or queen is a visceral joy (I'm not currently but have in the past). 

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm not a Royalist, but since our economy is in the toilet, our currency has tanked and Tourism accounts for a significant proportion of our GDP, maybe another self sabotaging clusterf**k based on what people reckon  Britain should stand for might not be the best idea. 

The Monarchy can solve the problem themselves. Create a role of President or equivalent and have that person elected by the population. All the ceremonial powers of the King/Queen are enacted by this elected official. 

The Monarchy can go on as celebrities and all that to keep tourism for the country and the actual governing of the country is 100% done by elected people. 

9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

The notion that one family is treated as special, is lauded and over privileged is something that belongs in the past. It's so easy to have an anti royal agenda because it's a joke in the 21st century, and all it does is perpetuate this bullshit heirarchical, aristocratic, betters and their minions inequality in the national psyche. Living in a place with no king or queen is a visceral joy (I'm not currently but have in the past). 

Come the revolution eh mate👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The Monarchy can solve the problem themselves. Create a role of President or equivalent and have that person elected by the population. All the ceremonial powers of the King/Queen are enacted by this elected official. 

The Monarchy can go on as celebrities and all that to keep tourism for the country and the actual governing of the country is 100% done by elected people. 

I assume this is irony?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â