The Royal Family

Genie

10 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

do I think visiting the coffin 7 times is bonkers , yes absolutely , but maybe 7 times lady thinks watching wrestling is bonkers or putting gravy on fish is the act of the insane , it takes all sorts .

Some people want to grieve for someone they’ve never met   , some people want to be there to witness history ( and share it on social media of course ) , some want to be there to be an internet hero as they video themself telling the police the law and some have no interest at all , other than posting every few minutes on a football forum that they have no interest yet seem to be following every event 

I’m not going to criticise someone for wanting to watch the funeral on Monday anymore than I’m going to criticise someone that wants to cut their lawn , walk their dog or whatever else people do when they get a bank holiday 

I watched a rerun on the news when I got in from work , it was of  the hearse driving through London ,  it was quite sad and moving in a way , the same way as it would be if Mrs Miggins down the road was being transported in a hearse , difference is Mrs Miggins  wasn’t a head of state for 70 years

Just on the bold bit, and speaking for myself, while I am keeping vaguely on top of what is being done with the peripheral stuff around the death and the funeral (centre parcs, tv schedules, sports cancelled), I am not really aware of the situation with the finer details for the arrangements for the funeral, where the coffin is etc. 

I know the coffin WAS in Scotland, I saw Nicola Sturgeon with a hat, I assume thr coffin is no longer there. Oh and I know Charles was in Northern Ireland but I don’t know why he was.

There’s being interested/bemused by the reaction to the event and there’s being interested in the actual event itself. 

I think most on here fall in the former category.

On the final paragraph, I think Mrs Miggins’ family should also be able to have her funeral on Monday as arranged. Although having had a somewhat frank discussion in a WhatsApp group with my friends, that opinion isn’t universally shared, which has given me pause for thought about how they would react if I was in that situation.

• Like 1

I just had a bad idea. Twitter account - Tweets from the coffin

"That purple dress is a bit outlandish and a bit too papal"

"That tattoo of Adolf Hitler isn't appropriate though my Uncle liked him"

No, I've stopped myself

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I just had a bad idea. Twitter account - Tweets from the coffin

"That purple dress is a bit outlandish and a bit too papal"

"That tattoo of Adolf Hitler isn't appropriate though my Uncle liked him"

No, I've stopped myself

:( Oh please do it. please

• Haha 1

Yep. That's a coffin. Same as it was 3 hours ago. Same position. Same lack of movement. Same plumage. That'll be typical coffin behaviour. Lying there. Suggesting it holds a body. Being box like. Very still. Probably still be there in a few hours. Very respectful.

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its in the mirror but yep, stopped playing music too

they should be more worried that googling morrisons brings up the news that aldi has overtaken them in the UK

Good stuff.

We'll be crying out for the King to die in a couple of months when they start the Christmas music.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

as I'm on their mailing list for film release news  , I had an email from Vue  

It does strike me as one of those films that needs the big screen experience and surround sound.

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â