The Royal Family

Genie

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Assume Netflix, Prime, Apple TV and YouTube and Sky+ will permit me to watch whatever I want

Well, yes. But not everyone has access to those.

To be clear, I’m not overly fussed about the amount of coverage. Put it on all the channels throughout Monday for all I care, I can quite happily ignore a hundred channels as I could one channel (aside from catching maybe ten minutes of it while I do my typical channel hopping, I don’t anticipate seeing any of it).

I merely find it amusing/bizarre the sheer amount of coverage they’re going to provide.  ITV appear to be saying it’s 18 hours of the same footage across its five channels and the ITV hub (apparently this includes ITVbe which I know from personal experience is predominately children’s television in the morning). It’s almost as if they’re doing this because the idea of covering the funeral on the main ITV channel while at the same time showing Supermarket Sweep or a repeat of One Tree Hill on ITV2 is disrespectful.

Personally I find it daft when an international football match is shown on both BBC and ITV so obviously I am going to find this overkill fairly laughable.

• Like 1

do I think visiting the coffin 7 times is bonkers , yes absolutely , but maybe 7 times lady thinks watching wrestling is bonkers or putting gravy on fish is the act of the insane , it takes all sorts .

Some people want to grieve for someone they’ve never met   , some people want to be there to witness history ( and share it on social media of course ) , some want to be there to be an internet hero as they video themself telling the police the law and some have no interest at all , other than posting every few minutes on a football forum that they have no interest yet seem to be following every event 

I’m not going to criticise someone for wanting to watch the funeral on Monday anymore than I’m going to criticise someone that wants to cut their lawn , walk their dog or whatever else people do when they get a bank holiday 

I watched a rerun on the news when I got in from work , it was of  the hearse driving through London ,  it was quite sad and moving in a way , the same way as it would be if Mrs Miggins down the road was being transported in a hearse , difference is Mrs Miggins  wasn’t a head of state for 70 years

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

do I think visiting the coffin 7 times is bonkers , yes absolutely , but maybe 7 times lady thinks watching wrestling is bonkers or putting gravy on fish is the act of the insane , it takes all sorts .

Some people want to grieve for someone they’ve never met   , some people want to be there to witness history ( and share it on social media of course ) , some want to be there to be an internet hero as they video themself telling the police the law and some have no interest at all , other than posting every few minutes on a football forum that they have no interest yet seem to be following every event 

I’m not going to criticise someone for wanting to watch the funeral on Monday anymore than I’m going to criticise someone that wants to cut their lawn , walk their dog or whatever else people do when they get a bank holiday 

I watched a rerun on the news when I got in from work , it was of  the hearse driving through London ,  it was quite sad and moving in a way , the same way as it would be if Mrs Miggins down the road was being transported in a hearse , difference is Mrs Miggins  wasn’t a head of state for 70 years

I agree, but it’s not so much the mourning and the grief that bothers me. I don’t want to disrespect the Queen in any way. It’s more the way it’s completely overwhelmed the media, and squeezed out loads of important, urgent stuff that would normally be headline news. I mean until the Queen died everyone was panicking about an incoming energy and cost of living crisis, and now we’re just parking that for two weeks? Can’t we cover both stories, and does Truss really need to travel around the country shadowing King Charles?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

There is no way I am writing off a day of my life on Monday and doing f all. It looks like being a half decent day weather wise so I"m planning on cutting the grass, jet washing the drive and getting a few other things done around the house. Any neighbour taking umbrage will get both barrells.

I have chosen to paint the shed, an actual shed, for the storage of gardening implements not ladies patio things

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Charles has got angry at a pen again. 

I reckon it's his lobster hands accidentally crushing them. 

Seriously, why don't they just used a **** biro? 

I reckon that he's actually annoyed at all the nonsense and pageantry. Like you say, use modern stuff and it'd all go a lot smoother, and I reckon he agrees.

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I reckon that he's actually annoyed at all the nonsense and pageantry. Like you say, use modern stuff and it'd all go a lot smoother, and I reckon he agrees.

I think he is a traditionalist himself. He had a chance to not say defender of the faith (ie C of E) in the proclamation but didn't despite rumours have would do so. Perhaps if he inherited the crown earlier he would be more reforming but the guy is nearly 74 and probably feels like this will be down to Wills.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I think he is a traditionalist himself. He had a chance to not say defender of the faith (ie C of E) in the proclamation but didn't despite rumours have would do so. Perhaps if he inherited the crown earlier he would be more reforming but the guy is nearly 74 and probably feels like this will be down to Wills.

Yeah, I did think he would be a bit more radical than he's proven to be. Does seem like he's going to stick with the traditional stuff even if it is making him angry.

3 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The NHS is cancelling operations booked for Monday.   Local Councils are cancelling funerals booked for Monday.  How terrible for the families.  

Lets put more effort into looking after our people  and less effort into showing the world that we can win a mourning competition.  

☹️

I'm curious if it's treated with the same anger as the strikers getting operations cancelled...

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Charles has got angry at a pen again. 

I reckon it's his lobster hands accidentally crushing them. 

Seriously, why don't they just used a **** biro? 

bic dont make £10,000 pens in a fancy box that can be gifted by the colonies do they?

2 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

yeah man. i used esigner the other day to sign for my new loan. whilst in my underpants. was dead easy and i didnt have to have any kind of hissy fit ilke the good cavalier did (twice)

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â