The Royal Family

Genie

The thing is, seemingly when people DO adopt something other than a “laissez-faire” attitude, in this instance the anarchy of holding a blank piece of paper, the police are on hand to prevent it going any further.

So I guess a theoretical “revolution” is fine, just not one put into practice.

I think the problem is that the people who want to have a grown up discussion about the future of the monarchy really haven’t been heard at all for years. It was hoped that once the queen was gone that maybe there would be that chance before the country jumped feet first into something with a new monarch.

Thats not how the monarchy or the constitution works though. When one dies the next is immediately sovereign. There’s no period of transition or discussion and that’s really going to annoy people who want to have those conversations.

I do wish the police would find some other way of dealing with it other than to arrest people who’ve done very little wrong, even if what they’re doing is in pretty poor taste (and I agree with their position fyi), ill judged and potentially dangerous to themselves. In fact with regard to the man who was arrested after being pulled to the ground by another spectator he was assaulted and they need to arrest the other guy.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

People queuing up for 12 hours to see her coffin.

Gotta be honest, I'd have to weigh up if it was worth that wait to see my own Nans coffin. 

People never fail to impress me with their over reaction to events like this. 

totally baseless theory, but i'd wager 70-80% of those queuing for hours are american tourists

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

For abolition to ever be considered you'd have to imagine it would need to go to a referendum and surely you'd expect that side of the argument to get trounced. 

Not the point though is it. Whatever the result, it would be nice to be asked. 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â