The Royal Family

Genie

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Hmmm, I’m not sure that 1 person holding up a sign should ever be a reason for arrest.

Whats worse is when vegans hold up signs at Burger King where there is a crowd of people that love meat 😬

Even though we have a First Amendment in the US that's supposed to protect dissent, we also have racism and cops who find a way to get the result they want

A verbal encounter with police at a Black Lives Matter protest led pregnant activist to 4-year prison sentence

• Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Thats not usually the way it works with the royals I don't think.

The Queens money is probably all tied up in the Duchy of Lancaster so passes to Charles. Chales will lose the Duchy of Cornwall so that will go to William

If any will exists it'll just be a few items to remember her by I think.

She's got quite a bit of personal cash/assets. I can't imagine that the hush money for her nonce son came from anything to do with The Crown for example.

18 minutes ago, Risso said:

She's got quite a bit of personal cash/assets. I can't imagine that the hush money for her nonce son came from anything to do with The Crown for example.

He's probably not getting any more either

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

To be fair, if you need professional help because a 96 year old woman you’ve never met has died, presumably peacefully in her sleep surrounded by every luxury and comfort available to mankind… you probably do need professional help. 

The whole of St Helens needs professional help

Ah I see the connection now, it's the inbreeding that connects them

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

But FFS St Helens, get a grip

Well, people have topped themselves for lesser reasons, that's for sure. But yeah, it seems kind of weird, but also, there's something very honest and primal about being devastated by the death of one's monarch or cult leader. Honestly delusional, perhaps, but very human, too. I'm sure I've read of similar things when I took an anthropology course or something?

Edited by Marka Ragnos

7 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I worked at British newspapers for several years, and I should know better, but -- as others have noted above -- this still kind of shocks me -- I mean, the arrest shocks me. Breach of the peace? What the **** is that, really, but an excuse to silence dissent? 

People in the crowd were like, "There's a time and place for that." I mean, isn't that kind of the point of public dissent, to speak up in the wrong place at the wrong time?  Personally, I find her sign in poor taste and obnoxious and callous. But illegal?  

It's illegal to have a swear word on a sign which is the breach of the peace part, not the anti-monarchy part

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bickster said:

But FFS St Helens, get a grip

Probably been said before but it's as much about stirring up grief/ emotions some maybe feeling about people they have lost as anything else, a constant reminder someone is no longer with us. 

9 hours ago, Risso said:

I'm sure they'll all pay inheritance tax and nothing dodgy would occur. 

On 10/09/2022 at 23:28, mjmooney said:

I did consider putting one of those winking smileys after it. 

I grew up with all those 1950s British war films, which so often featured a rifle section or bomber crew made up of various British stereotypes - the cockney wideboy, the simple west country lad, etc. - and the inevitable 'Taff', 'Jock' and 'Paddy'. It wasn't patronising, it was quite the opposite - our differences were there for sure, and they were to be cherished. But what you and your mates had in common was more important. 

OK, it's 2022, not 1942, I get that. And maybe now it's as cringe-inducing as 'sambo' or 'Chinky'. But take my little joke in the spirit in which it was intended. 

You sheepshagging bastard.  ;) 

Come on your better than that 😉

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Christ, The Queens died. Had anyone heard? 

It’s at times like this I’m glad I don’t watch live TV. The only thing I’ve seen of it was in the gym yesterday where for the whole hour I was there, it just showed the cortege procession through Scotland. 

People will literally be glued to this all day. No wonder there’s so much mental health support on offer. 

20 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

announcement from royal parks...please stop bringing and leaving marmalade sandwiches

this **** country man...what is wrong with people

Is this real? **** hell 😂

29 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s at times like this I’m glad I don’t watch live TV. The only thing I’ve seen of it was in the gym yesterday where for the whole hour I was there, it just showed the cortege procession through Scotland. 

People will literally be glued to this all day. No wonder there’s so much mental health support on offer. 

I watched for a few hours after the announcement, but I’ve switched to other streaming services since. It’s tiresome.

48 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

announcement from royal parks...please stop bringing and leaving marmalade sandwiches

this **** country man...what is wrong with people

I'm gonna take a whole jar of marmalade and a full loaf plus a tin of dog food just incase the corgi's are hungry. 

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â