The Royal Family

Genie

7 hours ago, trekka said:

They would say that.  He has the fingers of man who (in my opinion) both drinks and smokes heavily.  

Wow. Maybe he is one of my English cousins from West Brom. I could be royal.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

58 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Good job they pixelated that naughty word, we have no idea what it said now. 

I’m not a fan of the monarchy, very far from it, but it’s kinda obvious that you’re likely to arrested taking a sign like to a crowd of people that love the queen.

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Good job they pixelated that naughty word, we have no idea what it said now. 

I’m not a fan of the monarchy, very far from it, but it’s kinda obvious that you’re likely to arrested taking a sign like to a crowd of people that love the queen.

Not sure why that should be obvious.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Not sure why that should be obvious.

Maybe not obvious that you would be arrested then, but it’s highly likely to draw negative attention from the royal loving corpse spotters. Which would then likely turn into arguments, raised emotions and ultimately see the police stepping in to calm things down. They’d have to be seen to do the right thing and remove the problem, even if they don’t charge her with anything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Hmmm, I’m not sure that 1 person holding up a sign should ever be a reason for arrest.

Whats worse is when vegans hold up signs at Burger King where there is a crowd of people that love meat 😬

• Like 1

I worked at British newspapers for several years, and I should know better, but -- as others have noted above -- this still kind of shocks me -- I mean, the arrest shocks me. Breach of the peace? What the **** is that, really, but an excuse to silence dissent? 

A woman was arrested holding an anti-monarchy sign in Edinburgh today, before the Queen’s cortege arrived in the city.

She was detained outside St Giles’ Cathedral, where the monarch’s coffin is due to be held from tomorrow after spending the night at the Palace of
Holyroodhouse.

People in the crowd were like, "There's a time and place for that." I mean, isn't that kind of the point of public dissent, to speak up in the wrong place at the wrong time?  Personally, I find her sign in poor taste and obnoxious and callous. But illegal?  

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

They’re probably getting a couple of hundred mill each so why not. Which does remind me, there’s been no talk of inheritance has there?

Thats not usually the way it works with the royals I don't think.

The Queens money is probably all tied up in the Duchy of Lancaster so passes to Charles. Chales will lose the Duchy of Cornwall so that will go to William

If any will exists it'll just be a few items to remember her by I think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â