The Royal Family

Genie

3 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Such a strange thing to have to do just 24 hours after his mum died. Find the whole thing very odd.

That's the Royal Family for you, as mentioned by other posters, their way of life and expectations placed upon them are pretty alien to the rest of us. It's not just a cushy life without worrying if you can pay this months electricity bill, it's a 24/7, 7 Days a week, 365 Days a year, for the rest of your life job.

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I wonder if the zero hour contract staff who would work on concessions at footie matches will get any compensation for having their work taken away.

Doesn't matter now their fuel bills have been capped at only double what they were last winter. They'll probably have their feet up as we write. 

18 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Just heard shouts of ‘security’ ‘security’ whilst they’re showing Charles meeting people outside of the Palace live. 

Wonder if it was just someone being over exuberant or something worse?

Sounds like Andrew might have infiltrated the crowd

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

That's the Royal Family for you, as mentioned by other posters, their way of life and expectations placed upon them are pretty alien to the rest of us. It's not just a cushy life without worrying if you can pay this months electricity bill, it's a 24/7, 7 Days a week, 365 Days a year, for the rest of your life job.

Yeah and she was made marry her cousin. And Prince Charles and Paedo Andrew are children of that incest. A pretty alien life indeed. 

Unless you're a Birmingham City fan obviously.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

I never retreated anywhere .

The official timeline is definitely false and it literally HAS TO BE.    See Chindie's post at the top of the page .

You are clueless on this subject I'm afraid.   That's the really summation here.

Also the photo of her meeting Truss was probably taken weeks ago. One with Sunak, one with Truss, one with a sort of anthropromorphic lizard creature, in case that became known to the general public in the time before she died.

re: football cancelled, it really is a missed opportunity to celebrate her life. stadiums all around the country will be singing GSTQ (apart from the scouse lot) and probably the odd rule britannia, and eng-ger-land chant thrown in too.

in a month's time, yes i'm sure there will still be tributes, but it wont have the same level of emotion that it would have done this weekend. life moves on surprisingly quickly.

the PL and EFL have **** this one up royally, no pun intended

at least the test match and rugby premiership is on

• Like 1

No Last Night of the Proms.

Well, I suppose there technically was a last night of the proms as it’s been cancelled halfway through. So that night would be the last night of the proms.

But the last night of the proms won’t be the Last Night of the Proms. 

Glad I cleared that up for you.

6 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I read something yesterday about the cost of replacing bank notes , stamps etc  ..it ran into tens of Billions  .. thankfully post boxes apparently don't get automatically changed  otherwise it would be even higher , but any new ones will have a new insignia on them 

Charles first act as King could be to say , times are tough lets leave mummy on the notes / stamps for now .. 

Yeah there are still a fair few VR postboxes around

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeadlyDirk said:

So what is the official timeline then? Do you know it?

The emerging picture seems to be  

06:48 a helicopter was sent from Windsor  to get Charles  , he is at Balmoral for 10:27 , Ann was already there 

12:32 came the under medical supervision release  

A private jet is arranged for the others  , it appears she died before they made it to Aberdeen  at 15:50
ignoring speculation about ties , the first confirmed leaks all seem to be around 15:00 , so i'd speculate she stops breathing sometime between 14:00 and 15:00

16:30 the PM is informed

Family members arrive at Balmoral 17:06

18:32 the public are informed  and time of death is given as this afternoon  

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The emerging picture seems to be  

06:48 a helicopter was sent from Windsor  to get Charles  , he is at Balmoral for 10:27 , Ann was already there 

12:32 came the under medical supervision release  

A private jet is arranged for the others  , it appears she died before they made it to Aberdeen  at 15:50
ignoring speculation about ties , the first confirmed leaks all seem to be around 15:00 , so i'd speculate she stops breathing sometime between 14:00 and 15:00

16:30 the PM is informed

Family members arrive at Balmoral 17:06

18:32 the public are informed  and time of death is given as this afternoon  

I thought Charles was at his house in Birkhall which is 15 minutes from Balmoral.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â