The Royal Family

Genie

Just now, Genie said:

12:30 under medical supervision, but alive (comfortable).

16:30 PM has been told the Queen has died.

18:20 The public are told the Queen has died.

The crux of the matter, I guess, is what Truss and Starmer were told that made them look shellshocked, and lead to Starmer going to get changed.

Could be "She's dead", could be "She's not making the evening and being kept on until the family see her, get ready". I doubt we'll ever know.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

12:30 under medical supervision, but alive (comfortable).

16:30 PM has been told the Queen has died.

18:20 The public are told the Queen has died.

Yeah, although I respect that's the official timeline although the PM was told at 1630 the Queen had passed that doesn't necessarily mean that's when the Queen had passed. It could have been anytime between 1230 and 1630.

I'm also of the opinion that the PM shouldn't have put a time on it, she has a history of speaking before her brain has engaged (Whilst Prison's Minister the "Drones have been scared off by barking dogs" springs to mind. Whilst the point was pretty clear the wording was pretty awful). 

So the official timeline from when the queen passed is merely the "Afternoon" as is the official statement, but I'm with Brumerican, I wouldn't be surprised if it had happened pre 1230 and was stage managed purely to lessen the impact of the news in order to get the public used to the idea and accepting of it, or perhaps to allow the processes and protocols to get rolling, such as having people in place to lower flags at half mast, amongst countless other things we wouldn't think of.

Edited by DeadlyDirk

3 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Yeah, although I respect that's the official timeline although the PM was told at 1630 the Queen had passed that doesn't necessarily mean that's when the Queen had passed. It could have been anytime between 1230 and 1630.

I'm also of the opinion that the PM shouldn't have put a time on it, she has a history of speaking before her brain has engaged (Whilst Prison's Minister the "Drones have been scared off by barking dogs" springs to mind. Whilst the point was pretty clear the wording was pretty awful). 

So the official timeline from when the queen passed is merely the "Afternoon" as is the official statement, but I'm with Brumerican, I wouldn't be surprised if it was stage managed purely to lessen the impact of the news in order to get the public used to the idea and accepting of it.

It’s all feasible yes. I’d assume the PM is told quite close to the actual time of death, so closer to 16:30 than 12:30.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s all feasible yes. I’d assume the PM is told quite close to the actual time of death, so closer to 16:30 than 12:30.

Ministers tell "mistruths" all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if she was told way before 1630.

1 minute ago, DeadlyDirk said:

Ministers tell "mistruths" all the time, I wouldn't be surprised if she was told way before 1630.

She might have said it herself, but I personally picked it up by the media saying “the PM was advised of her passing at 16:30”.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

The FA is run by profoundly unserious people

The Queen’s grandson has a lot to answer for :lol: (I know he doesn’t have a real job there).

Even kids football, would the Queen have wanted all the kids to be sat at home this weekend or out playing sports and enjoying themselves? 

Even if it is true that she died in the afternoon, the fact the Commons was pointedly informed and a statement released saying she was comfortable (a classic euphemism for 'not in pain' i e. Incapacitated/dead) and the beginnings of the protocols for her death  put in place immediately suggests it was less 'doctors are caring for her after a bad turn in her health' and more 'the Queen's out of it and she will die very shortly'.

Given everything else I suspect it was a case of her having gone in her sleep. The rest of it is just people running around getting the processes around her death in place whilst the details are kept quiet and the various channels are engaged with and updated as required.

• Like 3

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â