The Royal Family

Genie

I'm astonished at how many people I've seen that have clearly been sat watching the BBC all day, and then go and repeat the meaningless soundbites about her being some great constant in British life, the duty, the service...

Propaganda is a hell of a tool

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

ok but there's also the logistics of getting the planes etc ready, pulling the royals from whatever commitments they were doing at the time and getting them all on the same plane at the same time.

and as others have suggested, there's a very good chance she died this morning or even overnight so there was no dying mum/gran on her death bet to be visited. in fact, the lack of urgency in getting up there could suggest this to be the most probable scenario

oh and it was **** pissing down...i suspect there would've been additional checks to ensure it was safe to travel

• Confused 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

ok but there's also the logistics of getting the planes etc ready, pulling the royals from whatever commitments they were doing at the time and getting them all on the same plane at the same time.

and as others have suggested, there's a very good chance she died this morning or even overnight so there was no dying mum/gran on her death bet to be visited. in fact, the lack of urgency in getting up there could suggest this to be the most probable scenario

Winner , winner chicken dinner.    If I had to put money on it she died in her sleep in the early hours.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

the tenth day after is the Sunday

It’s Birmingham mail, but explains it here.
Details

Operation London Bridge has began after the Queen died aged 96 tonight. The Queen has died and the Prince of Wales is now the King. 

The Queen's death has kick started London Bridge, meaning plans are now put in place for the following ten days. Today would traditionally have been D-Day or D+0.

But due to the late announcement, D+0 will be considered Friday. Here is what will happen day by day from tomorrow onwards as the nation gets to grips with The Queen dying:

They aren't really a family. They market themselves as that and they obviously are in pure biological terms, but they aren't like a normal family, they live very weird lives that are entirely dictated by protocol and what the system tells them is correct. They knew she was on the way out, the events this afternoon are just ticking off process first and foremost - they'll have known she was dead before they took off.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s Birmingham mail, but explains it here.
Details

Operation London Bridge has began after the Queen died aged 96 tonight. The Queen has died and the Prince of Wales is now the King. 

The Queen's death has kick started London Bridge, meaning plans are now put in place for the following ten days. Today would traditionally have been D-Day or D+0.

But due to the late announcement, D+0 will be considered Friday. Here is what will happen day by day from tomorrow onwards as the nation gets to grips with The Queen dying:

Meaning Evil forgot to use the editor in Microsoft word again.

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

Sorry, I’m just not having these conspiracy theories. They make no sense.

If she died overnight why not say she died overnight? It fits the (strange) theory they didn’t want people at work or on the road.

Why was parliament going on as normal, not a hint in anyones behaviour the queen had died.? And no news leak either.

The news she was ill broke at 12:30 and then the family raced to be with her and she died some point after that. It seems completely plausible the official line the PM was told at 16:30 and the general public at 18:30 was true. There’s no logical reason why it would be anything else, apart from conspiracy.

3 minutes ago, Chindie said:

They aren't really a family. They market themselves as that and they obviously are in pure biological terms, but they aren't like a normal family, they live very weird lives that are entirely dictated by protocol and what the system tells them is correct. They knew she was on the way out, the events this afternoon are just ticking off process first and foremost - they'll have known she was dead before they took off.

They might not have done, they can usually tell when someone has hours left cant they? I'd have imagined they'd have all flown in at the first possible opportunity and not waited until it was confirmed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Winner , winner chicken dinner.    If I had to put money on it she died in her sleep in the early hours.

That was how her father went. They only knew when they went to get him up and he was dead. It'll be a similar thing - either found dead this morning and the thing in parliament was basically the first bits of info getting out officially, or it was clear she was dying imminently when the statement was put out. Either way she was dead before the planes took off. It was clear the second the BBC switched to covering it and there was a noticeable dress code in place of black mourning colours.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t doubt for a second there are protocols around these kind of things. Just that it doesn’t make any sense that the protocol is “don’t visit your dying mum / gran when she’s on her death bed”.

I think it’s telling that a BBC journalist tweeted the story at 15:00 and then it was deleted and put down to a misunderstanding  regarding a different story  … my mate I mentioned earlier posted the news in our WhatsApp group at 15:01 

so I’d guess sometime shortly before 15:00 was when news started to leak out , the actual time of death we may never know 

I don’t think she was dead when the note was doing the rounds earlier but equally I’m sure Truss had to have been told before 16:30 … 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Apart from there being no reason to create a false narrative…

Well when they've got form for prematurely offing the monarch so they're dead in time for the morning papers, people are going to assume they try to stage manage other significant events

I don't particularly care when she died, but I think they'd not want to say that she was dead and it took several hours to tell anyone

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t doubt for a second there are protocols around these kind of things. Just that it doesn’t make any sense that the protocol is “don’t visit your dying mum / gran when she’s on her death bed”.

The more likely scenario is that she died last night or early this morning suddenly. Their protocol was to not rush up immediately but follow the timings. 

From the word go 6.00 was being touted as the announcement time. The cat would have been (even more than it was) out of the bag much sooner if they had all rushed up there at the crack of dawn. 

I don't think it was a case of them missing gathering round her bedside to see her out, I think she died a while ago. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â