The Royal Family

Genie

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm English. So having grown up in England it's just my view of it from here.

And my point was broader than just paying the anthem (which I'm sure you know.) All of the videos etc. on the BBC, it's like conditioning you to believe that she's part of your life. Not by anyones choice, you are just told that she is. 

Just seems very bizarre to me with all of the advances we've had and improvements in general education since she was coronated.

But please be offended!

I’m not offended, I just think you have an incredibly low bar for what constitutes brainwashing. And if you were an American (as I thought you were) then complaining about us playing our national anthem too often would certainly be a case of glass houses imo.

As to the wider point I don’t personally think it’s any different from the rest of society / celebrity culture (except in magnitude). If you tune into the tv you get told about lots of things you might not care about - lots of people don’t care about sports, lots of people don’t care about politics, lots of people don’t care about entertainment, etc.

Sure, it’s all very saccharine right now but then news coverage about a well-liked public figure dying always is. If Judi Dench was hit by a bus tomorrow they’d have a little montage of her on the news and you’d be told that she was wonderful and you cared about her too, whether or not you do. It wouldn’t be wall-to-wall coverage in the same way but that’s just because she’s a *lot* less famous than the Queen.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The.....lead....singer...of..Radio...wait what was everyone talking about? I think I got lost somewhere.

You’re not from ‘round ‘ere, are you boy? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â