The Royal Family

Genie

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

Exclusivity was the wrong word by me. I just found it amusing several people claiming to have ITK that she was dead, after the entire world has been told she’s dead or about to die.

tbf we did have someone in the deadpool thread call it last week  .. he was dismissed in the thread but he's going on my Royal ITK list 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Thats also a likely scenario

Outsider here but why all this secrecy about whether she has gone / hasn't she? If it was any other head of state surely any death would be announced immediately

Just now, legov said:

Outsider here but why all this secrecy about whether she has gone / hasn't she? If it was any other head of state surely any death would be announced immediately

They do things on their terms, and aren't going to announce the death of the monarch happened without the full family fanfare.

They also won't admit it happened ages ago.

At this point, if she is still clinging on, I imagine that she'll be suspicious of any offered pain relief

1 minute ago, legov said:

Because she's the country's rock and it will rock the entire population

Said some ROyal Correspondent on the news before as I was driving home

2 minutes ago, legov said:

They’d have said she was dead even if she wasn’t dead yet? :lol: 

We don’t know, but if she did die earlier today maybe they want the family to pay their respects before making it official and kicking off the long chain of events.

3 minutes ago, legov said:

She isn't just head of the state for the UK but head of state for quite a few Commonwealth countries.  All of those need to be informed via official channels before it can go "live" to everyone else*. 

*Apparently.  I fully expect that to be happening / or has happened over the past few hours. 

Just now, Genie said:

They’d have said she was dead even if she wasn’t dead yet? :lol: 

We don’t know, but if she did die earlier today maybe they want the family to pay their respects before making it official and kicking off the long chain of events.

Yeah but I mean if any head of state/government died surely there would be an announcement re: the death first, you don't actually need to announce the death after giving the family time to pay their respects.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’d love to know what happened with him not being on the Royal flight. Did they tell him to bugger off and make his own way?

Isn’t he coming from America or is he already in the UK?

Just now, trekka said:

She isn't just head of the state for the UK but head of state for quite a few Commonwealth countries.  All of those need to be informed via official channels before it can go "live" to everyone else*. 

*Apparently.  I fully expect that to be happening / or has happened over the past few hours. 

Yeah but that would take, what, minutes?

Just now, bickster said:

My daughter is on her way to Cenre=parcs with the Boyfriend and his family. The mother is a rather big fan of Madge. Thats going to be a fun long weekend away

She’ll forget about HRH when she gets charged £9 for a coffee and slice of cake.

• Shocked 1

Just now, legov said:

Yeah but that would take, what, minutes?

Oh I dunno.  We're talking about places like Papua New Guinea.  I'm sure their embassies and other hotlines to Government can work quickly but never underestimate the potential for delays. 

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Just realised we'll have to change the national anthem. That's going to take the footballists some getting used to.

Should be fairly easy, just add ‘…..‘s Son’ after ‘Queen’. 

Just now, trekka said:

Oh I dunno.  We're talking about places like Papua New Guinea.  I'm sure their embassies and other hotlines to Government can work quickly but never underestimate the potential for delays. 

The Prime Minister of PNG doesn't have email?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â