The Royal Family

Genie

54 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's weird isn't it. Won't affect our day to day lives one bit. But it is the end of an era, and it's one of those "where were you..." stories. It's fascinating viewing. Wish I had popcorn.

I was fast asleep in bed during my lunch break at 12:30pm when my old man phoned me up to tell me that she was on her way out, I wasn't best pleased, I was properly asleep, not just having a nap, like full on dribbling on my pillow.

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Can't believe Gerrard outlasted her

Do your duty Wills at the coronation....

Would remind me of that Johnny English film when he gets crowned by mistake if Gerrard quickly gets put on the throne while Charles is waving at the GM crops outside...

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I suspect it'll take many years for the truth to be public, because the published narrative will be she died peacefully, surrounded by her whole family this evening.

Didn't her husband die in his sleep in the end? Probably something similar here given this started up just after midday.

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

So the whole the king is dead long live the king thing - is that true? Will Charles immediately become king or is it not actually official until the coronation?

Technically yes, Charles becomes King straight away. The protocol is that the PM holds an audience with the new king, and at 6pm Charles delivers a broadcast to the nation on the date of the announcement.

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

So the whole the king is dead long live the king thing - is that true? Will Charles immediately become king or is it not actually official until the coronation?

The accession council will confirm his ascension to the throne within hours

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:

Technically yes, Charles becomes King straight away. The protocol is that the PM holds an audience with the new king, and at 6pm Charles delivers a broadcast to the nation on the date of the announcement.

Dosen't he do some odd tour of the U.K announcing himself to the public? Getting the popcorn out for the Queen Camilla consort moment anyway.

32 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

"The monarchy is this great constant, and people are so very reliant on it in many ways"

Please, Mr BBC. Name one of those ways.

Buckingham Palace Footman.  Very reliant on the Monarchy.  durr.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Apparently "most parliamentary functions" will pause for the 10 days of mourning. Good job there's nothing important going on.

Reckon Truss gets a longer honeymoon because of this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They've got some poor sod out in the pissing rain on the doorstep of Windsor. Why, nobody is there?! :D 

Why? The note gets pinned to the front gates of Buckingham Palace

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â