The Royal Family

Genie

9 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

It's odd, not a monarchist by any stretch, but I genuinely feel quite sad about this.

Same, while also laughing hysterically at some of the jokes doing the rounds. The cognitive dissonance of the humble British subject.

• Like 4

Old lady dies, its sad when anyone dies I guess but for me its ‘person of immense privilege and immense wealth dies, life is still absolutely shit for working class people and those below, lucky few continue lives of comfortable privilege’. 

Nothing will change. The ruling classes will remain. The poor will get poorer. She was head of a broken nation.

It’s an end of an era, that’s about it.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 2

Being briefly serious I probably will endeavour to watch one or two documentaries, as it is a pretty big milestone, but hopefully it'll be a genuinely interesting one, not some fawning hagiographical shite ( of which there will be many, and even the decent ones will still invite the gag reflex on occasion I suspect ) 

Edited by Rodders

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Unless, like me, you’ve shelled out £160 on theatre tickets for tomorrow evening.

Hoping she gets a second wind and gets to the weekend.

**** that's a point...games will be postponed this weekend won't they?

15 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

It's odd, not a monarchist by any stretch, but I genuinely feel quite sad about this.

It's a peculiar feeling.  I guess for most people one of the few constant in everyone's lives has been that we have a queen.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, choffer said:

Whatever your thoughts on the royal family, one thing we can all agreed on is that Witchell is a truly odious human being. 

I think I've mentioned before that I know someone who was at university with Witchell, and she confirms that he was always a clearing in the woods. 

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Old lady dies, its sad when anyone dies I guess but for me its ‘person of immense privilege and immense wealth dies, life is still absolutely shit for working class people and those below, lucky few continue lives of comfortable privilege’. 

Nothing will change. The ruling classes will remain. The poor will get poorer. She was head of a broken nation.

It’s an end of an era, that’s about it.

People are still people and, unlike a lot of people who have made their money and are absolute words removed, the Queen seems like a good egg.

Just now, bobzy said:

People are still people and, unlike a lot of people who have made their money and are absolute words removed, the Queen seems like a good egg.

I did like the Paddington Bear sketch. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Well apart from harbouring a paedo, killing off her DiL and the countless other major controversies she’s tried to keep quiet over the decades. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Just remembered, I've actually seen the queen when she visited snow hill station a few years back

She opened Milton Keynes shopping centre when I was about 8. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â