Match Thread: Villa v Man City

limpid

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would love to know what league Hourihane would be in if he wasn't so good at set-pieces or long shots.

Lower half champ even with the set pieces I think.

I missed the line ups for the game and I didn’t even realize he was playing until about 25 mins in, remarkable.

Torturous first half. Probably the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a Premiership team and there’s another 45 minutes to come.

Boy would I like to be a fly on the wall in Villa’s dressing room.

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

If Drinkwater was DSs pick, sack him now as he has clearly lost the plot.

Theres a reason why he has only played once in 2 years.

Absolute disgrace.

I think that Drinkwater was Smith's choice and I'm as baffled by it as you are and that was before today's game. He couldn't get into a poor Burnley side so I had no hopes of this working out at all. 

Having said that, the more baffling thing is that Smith threw him in today against a side like Man City. Nakamba may not be the best but he at least is familiar with his teammates. 

I often find reasons to back Smith and his decisions but I can't back him at all with the signing of Drinkwater or today's team selection.

A Villa fan he may be but, today, he may have the misfortune of managing Villa's worst ever top flight defeat. 

• Like 1

I can see this bashing being the bashing that brings the owners in to sort this mess out.

Need a quality manager is what the owners may think, if we'd of had that guy in place before this window we may of had a chance signing some real quality.