Tom13

6 hours ago, skarroki said:

Another phenomenal effort that was. 

Gonna be a one horse race for league one player of the year at this rate. 

I want to add to what I said before, I also think he needs to stay at Stockport to help improve the chances of small heath not getting promoted. 

He won't be there past January.

38 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

What's his level? Trying to think if his attributes aligns with anyone in the Premier League. 

Not his level but I thought his style was akin to Henry, striker who plays off the left, games moved on now and most teams play a front 3, he would be the left sided one not the number 9

So how he develops the level he's in now and the roles he's in now, I didn't see anything of him to know for sure but maybe a bit like our own Ollie Watkins....

I'm sure he'll get a pre season time with Emery and the squad. I think he'll not want to move to different club in January. This season will do him wonders. Be queueing up in the Championship to sign him on Loan

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I'm sure he'll get a pre season time with Emery and the squad. I think he'll not want to move to different club in January. This season will do him wonders. Be queueing up in the Championship to sign him on Loan

That's where I am too, if he goes to a championship team in Jan and does well I still don't see him making a PL break through next season, therefore we don't rush him, leave him at Stockport scoring and getting player of the month every month, see what he does pre season for us, championship next year, see what he does pre season for us again then just keep making judgements on him 

We've had bad experiences of trying to be clever with loans in Jan, just leave him be

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He won't be there past January.

Why not? Better for him to be performing well in a good environment than risk moving up a level but losing form or not even playing.

If they get promoted he'll have a ready-made-move to the Championship lined up next season unless he's then deemed good enough for a PL or upper Championship loan (and then this is a risk vs reward scenario that would have to be taken into consideration again).

• Like 2

Stockport playing for Championship promotion is literally way more pressure to perform on Louie than starting for some midtable Champ squad he arrives in middle of the season. Can't believe there's people actually suggesting that would be the right move for him

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Stockport playing for Championship promotion is literally way more pressure to perform on Louie than starting for some midtable Champ squad he arrives in middle of the season. Can't believe there's people actually suggesting that would be the right move for him

He's 21 and playing league one football. From where he's come from he should be ripping it up at this level.

Did any of us expect 4 years ago we'd be celebrating this? And honestly neither will he and the club. They know he's lost years.

35 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Exactly, we can see with our £10m* signing Lewis Dobbin how tough it can be to get game time.

He's good enough to play in the Championship, and really that's the level he should be playing at, he had offers in the summer but turned them down because he wanted to stay at Stockport, I suspect the club agreed as didn't seem such a bad idea as he was going well with them, and they might feel the same way in January, but also I wouldn't be surprised if he's told for the good of his career, he now needs to test himself at an higher level, for me he's a long time been capable of playing Championship level, when you look at all our players that have had Championship loans  the last few seasons he's on the same level as most of them, some he's probably got more potential, I thought the same for Bogarde before this season began and now he's playing for the first team, not that I expect Barry to suddenly become a first team player for us, but shows just because a player hasn't had a Championship loan yet, doesn't mean they're not more than capable of playing at that level. But also not bad if he stays at Stockport for the rest of the season, as long as he keeps doing well and developing that's the main thing

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â