Tom13

22 minutes ago, skarroki said:

He broke the record for consecutive goals in the league for Stockport last season and people were saying he needed to move up a league. 

He then got injured, came back not the same level later in the season. But Stockport gave him every opportunity and were desperate to have him back again for this year at a higher level. 

Personally think it's poor form after what they've done for his career so far, to just call him back and send him somewhere random in the championship. 

He's playing a similar role to Watkins with good coaches and he's talked about his goals for the season, he wants 20 goals in the league. Think he should be left alone to get on with that. He's still only 21. 

Very pleased with how he's started but don't want to get carried away at this early stage. 

Appreciate all that, but Aston Villa should do what's best for Villa, and sentiment towards Stockport shouldn't come in to it. It might be best for him to stay there, if he's settled and banging them in.

Let’s not forget this is someone who at England youth levels was playing with Bellingham and Muisala and more than held his own. 
He’s clearly got talent, he’s also had some knock backs in his career. Let’s hope he continues to shine. 

He’s had some iffy loan spells previously so the best thing for him now is to find some stability and stay put where he is. Has he even done a full season anywhere yet? I know he has bounced around different clubs and has had injuries. Playing regularly, scoring goals and generally doing well is more important at this stage than pushing him into a higher division and risking setting him back again if he struggles to make the same impact. If he continues scoring a goal a game all the way into January then it’s a discussion to have, but 3 games into the season it’s way too early to question whether he is too good for the division.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Panto_Villan said:

If he keeps playing like this Stockport will be in the Championship next year anyway.

And he can stay there another year , continue to grow and maybe worst case  they buy him eventually 

Don't rock the boat just leave him happy and playing well

Edited by villa4europe

17 minutes ago, STEVE1883 said:

He's doing great, we love him, he's something special but he has so much still to learn and his fitness needs improving as he has never ever looked like he can play 90 mins.  He is one of our best players and he gets better every game he plays and I have no doubt that he will one day play in the Premiership.  But...he's on a journey... hopefully he'll see the full season out with us injury free.

Nice little interview from Louie here.

Good interview. Talking really maturely!

49 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Yeah best place for him staying there with you the whole season and touch wood no big injury this time. Good luck!

I think it depends on just how good he is. If he's scored the bones of 15 goals or so by Christmas, I think we'll definitely be looking to get him to a good Championship side. 

Im not sure that is as much of a compliment as it seemed at the time tbh. Vardy has always been a bit of a straight line pace merchant who could finish. Brad Young reminded me of Vardy more than Barry.

Barry reminds me a bit of Callum O'Hare. And O'Hare always came across to me as a bit of a pound shop Grealish. I think Barry has the potential to be better than O'Hare, & he has more pace than Grealish, its just whether he can tie it all together to get the physical side of his game to match the technical side of his game.

There is definitely a decent player in Barry & it's unfortunate that it's taking him a bit longer to fill out a bit & then have that injury last year while he was developing nicely. But some players do develop a little later for varying reasons, so I wouldn't write him off too quickly. 

If I was in charge of his immediate future, I would see how he did at Stockport for six months & if he is showing signs that he is more advanced than League One, then I would recall him & send him to a club in the Championship.

Granted, I understand that we need to keep relationships open with clubs like Stockport, but no club who loans a player has any right to complain when that player is called back because they have just had the use of a player that they otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford & they knew what they were signing up for when they made the deal. All loans are at risk of being cancelled. I live in Plymouth & some of their fans reactions was a little less on the gracious side towards Villa when we recalled Azaz & Kesler-Hayden. But Argyle themselves have never made a big issue out of the situation. Whether they loan a player or not is down to Rooney now, so let's be honest, the decision making at that club is questionable at best & in truth, I wouldn't want a Villa player being used by a Rooney side because he doesn't know what he is doing. 

But I digress, our plan for Barry should be to develop him & push him. It's no good him sitting at a level that he is too good for, for too long. If he has surpassed League One, then we need to push his development up to the Championship, or abroad, depending on who is interested, how they play, etc. If he crushes that loan too, then his value will be higher, if he is being fattened up for the harvest. If he doesn't crush the Championship, then there will always be clubs like Stockport who might want to purchase him if he has proven his consistency at that level. He will learn nothing extra by standing still for six months. 

I think sometimes Villa & some of our fans are too generous when it comes to youth players & clubs we loan to. I genuinely applauded our ruthlessness when we recalled Azaz & Kesler-Hayden, because the club was thinking of Villa & Villa alone.

We need to do a bit more of that, in my humble opinion. 

• 3 weeks later...

Another phenomenal effort that was. 

Gonna be a one horse race for league one player of the year at this rate. 

I want to add to what I said before, I also think he needs to stay at Stockport to help improve the chances of small heath not getting promoted. 

• Like 4

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â