Tom13

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Playing FIFA on amateur mode.

Saying that I really think he'll move on again in Jan to a higher level.

Are we able to recall him? the reports all said "Stockport County have re-signed forward Louie Barry on a season-long loan from Premier League side Aston Villa"

24 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

If that what defending is like in League one than Barry scores 25 goals + 
He's too quick and smart for this level

Reason to doubt: He didn't score 25 in league two last season.

Stockport has been good to him, he was doing well there last year before the injury willing to take him back this year, not sure what the chances are that they'll do a double promotion (but if he does get 20+ goals they'll be up there) and if so maybe he goes there again next year

It's not like he's found a comfort zone and he's slacking, he's found a comfort zone and might excel, leave him be

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Reason to doubt: He didn't score 25 in league two last season.

Was injured for most of it ?

I bet you if he stays fit he bangs in 25+

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Was injured for most of it ?

I'll be honest, I'd forgotten that.

11 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

I bet you if he stays fit he bangs in 25+

No thanks.

I'm very very high on Stockport in general, hope he gets 35.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Liam Delap went for £20 million. I think Barry is a better player. 

Delap overrated I think. Not sure £20m was a sensible buy when he'd done very little in the championship.

I don't understand particularly why we sold Sinisalo for ~£1m when Trafford went for ~£15m after a very similar season in the same division.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Delap overrated I think. Not sure £20m was a sensible buy when he'd done very little in the championship.

I don't understand particularly why we sold Sinisalo for ~£1m when Trafford went for ~£15m after a very similar season in the same division.

Yeah I had high hopes for Sinisalo for pure profit. guess we got a big sell on % clause on the deal we had with celtic

He's talked about playing in a position similar to where he'd play under Emery at Villa and he's said he wants to score 20 goals this season. 

Sounds like a man who knows where he's going to be in February even if things are going well. The only way he leaves Stockport in my opinion, is if we have an injury crisis and Emery wants him in as squad depth, a la KKH last Jan.

Stockport are a good club with good coaches and will help him learn a position he could occupy for us. Think it's ideal he stays there. If he goes into the championship he's getting less minutes and he's almost guaranteed to be stuck out on the left wing if he does get in a side. 

• Like 1

Have a mate that supports Stockport and they're absolutely besotted with him. They were gutted by both the injury last season and the possibility he wouldn't return there, and after the start he's made are half enjoying it, half worried that he might end up being too good and get himself recalled in January for a "better" move.

I think a full season excelling there would do him a world of good though. Stockport have a good thing going on right now and as we've seen with KKH the EFL can be a tumultuous place at the best of times.

• Like 2

Yeah I hope he stays there. They're top of league one. A long long way to go of course, but getting them promoted would be historic.

• Like 1

On 18/08/2024 at 11:36, Pongo Waring said:

If that what defending is like in League one than Barry scores 25 goals + 
He's too quick and smart for this level

That is some of the worst collective defending I've seen in professional football. Embarrassing even for league 1.

Edited by Made In Aston

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â