Tom13

22 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Something must be close for him not to have gone on the USA Tour. We've seen Chrisene move to Norwich, I think Barry is good enough for a Championship club.

Why? He hasn't shown anything to indicate that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Why? He hasn't shown anything to indicate that.

ye, his loans seem to show he is League 1 level, he was a good performer for Stockport (promoted top of the table from league 2), his League 1 loan performances were patchy, but he's a bit older now and did have a good loan at Stockport.

Seems to be his level is currently League 1, and he might develop in to a decent championship player in the future?

On 18/07/2024 at 21:40, Delphinho123 said:

If you believe rumours, Blues are trying to buy somebody from Germany for something close to £3m. 

Eva Braun The Secret Life Of Adolf Hitler's Girlfriend Part, 54% OFF ?

We must be pricing Stockport out as that is the logical move given the success of his loan and they will be in the mix for play offs so could be a championship club again in 2-3 years time.

500k and a 20-25% sell on clause is a good deal for us.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

I think people underestimate how well he did at Stockport, young strikers aren't typically as prolific as he was at that level, I think I read before last season Watkins was the last U23 at that level to score more than fifteen goals, Barry was well on course to beating that before injury, and doesn't even play as a striker, and was creating goals for others too, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have Championship interest, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if we give him a new deal and loan him out again, I doubt we're going to let him get this far and just as he has his first real good season, but to only then let him leave on the cheap, and he wouldn't leave for as little as £500k, we paid more than that for him in the first place, only way he leaves for that kind of money is if we have a buyback, or similar - see Philogene deal, or if we have massive sell on clause - also see Philogene sale, which I think was forty percent

He's one good Championship season away from being worth at least £10m, and in the right set-up he's capable of that

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, useless said:

I think people underestimate how well he did at Stockport, young strikers aren't typically as prolific as he was at that level, I think I read before last season Watkins was the last U23 at that level to score more than fifteen goals, Barry was well on course to beating that before injury, and doesn't even play as a striker, and was creating goals for others too, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have Championship interest, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if we give him a new deal and loan him out again, I doubt we're going to let him get this far and just as he has his first real good season, but to only then let him leave on the cheap, and he wouldn't leave for as little as £500k, we paid more than that for him in the first place, only way he leaves for that kind of money is if we have a buyback, or similar - see Philogene deal, or if we have massive sell on clause - also see Philogene sale, which I think was forty percent

He's one good Championship season away from being worth at least £10m, and in the right set-up he's capable of that

he might be one good championship season away from being worth £X, but his good Season at Stockport last season was in League 2, he didnt shine in League 1 last time he went on loan there (a couple of League 1 loans), but granted, he might do much better in league 1 this season now he has more experience/development.

I think he is more likely to out on loan to a league 1 side, then he is to a championship side.

He was only seventeen and eighteen last time he was in League One and played for struggling teams, writing a player off because they struggled at that level and at such a young age is ridiculous, put someone like Kadan Young in struggling League One team and he would probably fail to make an impact, wouldn't be a reason to write him either, would be the same for most young players, many were insisting that Aaron Ramsey was struggling in League One with Cheltenham, and then the following season he was one of the better players in the Championship

Also I didn't say he would definitely go to the Championship, just that I would be very surprised if he didn't have interest from that league, but the player himself, or we if we still retain an interest in his development beyond this summer, might think it better for him to go to league one first

• Like 3

His output at MK Dons wasn't even that bad, one goals and three assists in twelve games worth of football, again bearing in mind he was playing for a struggling team, and was only eighteen himself, also doesn't play as a striker like many might think, when out on loan he's mostly playing as a winger, or as a wide forward.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Great move by the club. Ideally goes on to smash it with them again next season, avoiding an injury this time round, then we can profit from selling him in 12 months time to a championship club, or repeat the process with them in the championship next year. 

• Like 1

when I was a kid, my grandad took me to VP to see a cup game against Stockport, I think we won 1-0, I only remember a Dwight Yorke screamer  

however, there was a peroxide bombshell playing for them absolute pest all game. apparently their big star at the time  

Seeing Louie there with his hair like that, is like the second coming of that blonde player I was impressed with as a kid 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

when I was a kid, my grandad took me to VP to see a cup game against Stockport, I think we won 1-0, I only remember a Dwight Yorke screamer  

however, there was a peroxide bombshell playing for them absolute pest all game. apparently their big star at the time  

Seeing Louie there with his hair like that, is like the second coming of that blonde player I was impressed with as a kid 

Villa won that game 2-0, Ugo scored the other goal.

I believe the peroxide guy you are thinking of is Alun Armstrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Goddammit beat me to it. Had it written 'n all and was just verifying the hair colour :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, rjw63 said:

Nice work!!

yes I think that was the guy. 

Louie Barry the first 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â