Tom13

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Personally don’t think this should’ve been headlined by the club. Do we do that when we sign other academy players? No need to put extra in him.

Pretty sure they put all new signings up on the site. This one will always have media attention regardless how the club handle it due to how he arrived, West Brom threatening to sue Barca and the amount of column inches dedicated to his move in the summer.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

That tattoo looks like the 'Villain' image that the Heroes and Villains website uses as their logo.

The villa villan was first drawn by Tom webster in 1905 - long before the afore mentioned website began 😉 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

I have a feeling he will be on the bench for the Leicester game. 

great minds think alike... i thought that earlier. Would be great experience for him too being around 1st team squad specially for game like that vs Leicester. :)

Edited by Villan4Life

Louie Barry: Through the eyes of a former English FA Talent ID Manager

He clearly has talent but for me the best bit is the bold paragraph.

Ahead of the seemingly imminent transfer of FC Barcelona's Louie Barry to Aston Villa. We asked former Talent ID Manager for the English FA, and current Head of Academy Recruitment at Nottingham Forrest - Daniel Dodds to profile Barry for our followers, and Villa fans.

"Louie came to the 2003’s group assessment camps at Loughborough in the summer of 2017. He was one of the expected high flyers of that group because we were well aware of him at West Brom. He’d scored a lot of goals at club level and one that we knew would likely be able to transfer that scoring ability when surrounded with so much attacking talent which that group had.

As a player his real strength is his work rate, he’s constantly pressurising the opposition when they are on the ball, looking to create opportunities for himself to nick the ball high up the pitch. He is quick, and looks to play of the shoulders of the defenders, always looking for space behind them to be able to run into. He’s good in 1v1’s and scores a lot of goals from balls in behind that he can run onto. He’s very much in the mould of a Jamie Vardy. He’s a bubbly likeable kid, always laughing and smiling and liked by the other members of the squad.

Given his goal scoring record with England it wasn’t a surprise that he would get interest from other clubs; but it was a bit of a surprise he went to FC Barcelona, albeit it would be difficult to turn down that opportunity. I just felt given his skill set and style of play he was much better suited to the English game than perhaps a slower paced more technical game like in Spain which wouldn’t really exploit Louie’s assets.

If the news is to be believed that he set to sign for Aston Villa then I think this is a good move for him, he’ll get opportunities at the club and as I mentioned above the style of play in the UK is much better suited to Louie’s skill set. As far as potential is concerned his ability to score goals will always mean he will have the opportunity to succeed. His challenge will be developing physically while maintaining his speed which is a huge asset for him, if he continues to have these alongside his goal scoring then I am sure he can go to have a successful career in the game."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

great minds think alike... i thought that earlier. Would be great experience for him too being around 1st team squad specially for game like that vs Leicester. :)

Not sure about the great minds bit, but him playing a part would show any other young talented players that if they come to the Villa and merit a chance they will get it. This kid looks a real talent to me, he plays like Jack mk2. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7921485/Aston-Villa-confirm-3m-signing-16-year-old-Barcelona-academy-starlet-Louie-Barry.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed_desktop_tvshowbiz

Aston Villa have confirmed the signing of 16-year old Louie Barry from Barcelona.

The deal will cost around £3million for the England youth international striker who was formerly at West Brom. 

He only left the Baggies for Barcelona last June and was well regarded by the Spanish side despite being the youngest member of their U19 squad.

However, changes in coaching personnel have left him unsettled and he has opted to return to England with Villa. 

And having beaten the likes of Tottenham to his signature, Villa are delighted to get their man. 

'It (Louie's signing) sends a powerful message about the ambition of this football club,' academy manager Mark Harrison told VillaTV.

'We're delighted - Louie is a local person and his family are all Villa fans, as is Louie.

'He is still a very young man but as he's developed, he's always been one player that you always recognise as having outstanding attributes. 

'He's got a fantastic mentality, he's desperate to do well for this football club.

'He's really driven, he's got great family support, but in terms of what he can achieve, we firmly believe that he can be an outstanding number nine for this football club.'  

• Thanks 1

Scoring and being involved in coming back from 1-0 down within 30 minutes of coming on.  That's an impressive debut if true. 

Without wanting to add to the hype, imagine a full professional debut that had a similar effect.

The reviews posted here from people who have seen him play suggest he's got something special. Lets hope we manage him in a way that works, and the new management of the club protects and develops him to his full potential. 

Welcome Louie!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

No, I haven’t, have you?

No :( I know you tend to watch a fair bit of youth footie though so thought I’d ask. I’d be interested to know your thought if and when you do SGC.

I’ve seen sporadic matches of our U23 team, over the years but haven’t seen Barry yet (have we played against him for W Brom?)

Edited by alreadyexists

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â