Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

Just now, Laughable Chimp said:

He's gone for one game, and now people actually think he's the best CM the squad. You know that thing about how players seem to get better when they're not playing...

I thought that before the game tbfh. I thought that when we signed him and I still think that.

It's always the guy who's not playing who should be playing. The issue is the system with 2 CM's who whatever pairing we use are not good enough.

Drinkwater was our lowest rated player on Sofascore last game and 3rd lowest on Whoscored. He had a good passing % but lost 8 out of 9 duels on the ground and is useless in the air.

The game passes him by when we don't have the ball, and we seldom have the ball.

Edited by sne

Let's be honest we have 3 shit DM's in Luiz, Nakamba, Drinkwater. Each time one gets dropped and the other gets a chance, the ones on the pitch play shit. 

Luiz and Nakamba come off the bench and play significantly better, suggesting they should start n then play rubbish, this has happened on too many occasions. 

Cup final Drinkwater will start and play dreadful, gets subbed etc rinse and repeat.

We have a powderpuff midfield. Those numbers for shots against us will probably be down to the shit midfield we have.

18 minutes ago, supermon said:

Let's be honest we have 3 shit DM's in Luiz, Nakamba, Drinkwater. Each time one gets dropped and the other gets a chance, the ones on the pitch play shit. 

Luiz and Nakamba come off the bench and play significantly better, suggesting they should start n then play rubbish, this has happened on too many occasions. 

Cup final Drinkwater will start and play dreadful, gets subbed etc rinse and repeat.

We have a powderpuff midfield. Those numbers for shots against us will probably be down to the shit midfield we have.

I don't think they are shit.

Think they will take the Gueye, Veretout route.

They will improve once they get into a club who is stable.

I've seen enough from both of them that they'll be fine at a better club.

Our club is just a mess and confusing. Starting eleven changing every week. We never know what the starting eleven will be. Nothing is settled.

Edited by villalad21

• 3 weeks later...
Â