Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

3 hours ago, Xela said:

I agree. Not funny enough to spend 10 hours in a queue for tickets, but he does make me chuckle. 

My wife was trying all day to get tickets for her parents for Christmas, she managed in the end… although they are for January ‘24 😳

• Like 1

I did the whole ‘two laptops, three phones - three hours of trying’ to get tickets for his cancelled tour. It was a Christmas present for my wife’s uncle, he was a big fan and we thought he’d love it. I was looking forward to going and quite liked some of his stuff. Then the clearing in the woods cancelled. 

When I think of Peter Kay now, it feels like he’s had his day and he isn’t funny. He’s exhausted his routines and has nothing new to offer me. I would go and see him if it was a tenner to get in, less than 20 miles away and no effort to get tickets. 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

My wife was trying all day to get tickets for her parents for Christmas, she managed in the end… although they are for January ‘24 😳

:) A pal of mine was trying from 9:45am this morning. At 5pm she got tickets for Manchester, in Feb 2025! 

Over 100 dates now. He'll make an absolute fortune. 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

:) A pal of mine was trying from 9:45am this morning. At 5pm she got tickets for Manchester, in Feb 2025! 

Over 100 dates now. He'll make an absolute fortune. 

If nothing else on the interest of having many millions in the bank for 2 years. He can cancel in 18 months (again) and have made a fortune for nothing.

In fairness to him a lot of the tickets are £30-60. He could have charged much more and still quickly sold out.

Edited by Genie

15 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I did the whole ‘two laptops, three phones - three hours of trying’ to get tickets for his cancelled tour. It was a Christmas present for my wife’s uncle, he was a big fan and we thought he’d love it. I was looking forward to going and quite liked some of his stuff. Then the clearing in the woods cancelled. 

When I think of Peter Kay now, it feels like he’s had his day and he isn’t funny. He’s exhausted his routines and has nothing new to offer me. I would go and see him if it was a tenner to get in, less than 20 miles away and no effort to get tickets. 

Can't think of anything worse, going to watch a stand-up comedian in a venue that's so big you have to watch it on a TV while your in there.

As for the 100's of shows he's supposed to be doing, I bet he won't do half of em. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

It’ll be interesting how his show gets reviewed early on. He’s been out of it for a while, and he can’t really do the whole “remember when we used to do this” again. Neither can he get away with pretending to be normal (wealth wise). He’s super rich (fair play to him) so I wonder what direction he will take his show.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tinker said:

Can't think of anything worse, going to watch a stand-up comedian in a venue that's so big you have to watch it on a TV while your in there.

As for the 100's of shows he's supposed to be doing, I bet he won't do half of em. 

100’s of shows, that’s giving me Michael Jackson vibes. I think he’s being a tad optimistic there. 

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

100’s of shows, that’s giving me Michael Jackson vibes. I think he’s being a tad optimistic there. 

He did 112 shows on the “the tour that doesn’t tour, tour”. This is more of a challenge as he’ll have to actually tour

Edited by Genie

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’ll be interesting how his show gets reviewed early on. He’s been out of it for a while, and he can’t really do the whole “remember when we used to do this” again. Neither can he get away with pretending to be normal (wealth wise). He’s super rich (fair play to him) so I wonder what direction he will take his show.

"Covid eh, what was all that bout ayyy?"

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tinker said:

I'll tell you what's worse, going to a packed arena to watch a jumbo screen of people playing video games.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 22/08/2022 at 07:52, bannedfromHandV said:

You’re pretty much guaranteed a good steak in a decent Italian so I’m a big fan.

Best steak I ever had was at a Portuguese restaurant. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 19:05, Mark Albrighton said:

Phoenix Nights - very, very good. 

Everything else is patchy to poor. What I saw of Car Share, that was towards the patchy end of the scale. If you want a sitcom set in a car, then Marion & Geoff is still the benchmark.

His stand up.

Phoenix Nights had some brilliant moments.

I would class his stand-up as family comedy, which basically means the women in the audiance love the nostalgia, the daft things northern people say, and of course the sentiment about people's Nans.

I thought his set about the sheer naffness and banality of working-class weddings was brilliantly observed, from the kids doing knee-slides on the polished parquet floor, to the similarity between repeating backdrops of animated cartoon chases, to the long table of wedding buffets.

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'll tell you what's worse, going to a packed arena to watch a jumbo screen of people playing video games.

It's fascinating. One of my kids does it (CS) and if his team wins he is just as hyped as I am after a Villa-win.

You and I are just very very old :D

• Like 1

Eh? The whole of stand up? Any type at all? Bill Burr? Hicks? Chappelle? Pryor? Carlin? I can understand writing it off based on McIntyre et al but man, that’s a leap to say any sort of stand up whatsoever isn’t for you? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Eh? The whole of stand up? Any type at all? Bill Burr? Hicks? Chappelle? Pryor? Carlin? I can understand writing it off based on McIntyre et al but man, that’s a leap to say any sort of stand up whatsoever isn’t for you? 

Maybe if they sat down it would be more appealing?

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â