Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Today forever was ok  ... its the only Ride album I've ever heard ( well EP)  tbf 

If that's all you have heard it's a lucky escape. Ride were the band my entire circle of friends loved (see also The Smiths) so their music was played a lot. Not a single track was any good, to my ears, until Twisterella came along, as I was a TFC fan, it sounded good because it had a similar sound to TFC. 

Is it porridge or porage? 

We have occasional holidays with a gang of friends, and one of the guys has porridge every morning and always asks if I'd like some. Given that he makes it with water, and no sweetening, my answer is always no. 

I love porridge, but I make it with full cream milk - and then add double cream and tons of brown sugar. 

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

porage was actually "made up" by Scott's when they launched Scott's oats , so in theory is specific to them only 

I do product testing on porridge a couple of times a year  , in blind testing Flahavans was the clear winner , Scotts came last  

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

We have occasional holidays with a gang of friends, and one of the guys has porridge every morning and always asks if I'd like some. Given that he makes it with water, and no sweetening, my answer is always no. 

I love porridge, but I make it with full cream milk - and then add double cream and tons of brown sugar. 

I have porridge with water and honey every morning, I love it. As for the spelling, has to be Porridge or my defacing of the road signs in Dorridge where I lived as a kid aren't nearly as 'funny'.

19 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

or my defacing of the road signs in Dorridge where I lived as a kid aren't nearly as 'funny'.

That reminds me, we have a hamlet nearby called Lunt and the population get mightily pissed off when people deface their road signs

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

That reminds me, we have a hamlet nearby called Lunt and the population get mightily pissed off when people deface their road signs

fearing of going off topic, here's a road not far from me. The road sign has narrowed several over the years..

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, choffer said:

There is only one Kenneth that's acceptable. All other variations dilute the brand.

I can’t say for absolute certainty, but those could well have been the last words spoken by Joe Orton.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, choffer said:

There is only one Kenneth that's acceptable. All other variations dilute the brand. 

41B16pWX5uL._AC_.jpg

I'll raise you this;

XBdup4Z.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, choffer said:

41B16pWX5uL._AC_.jpg

I bet you like The B**tles because they sing Love Me Do in every song :D

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I bet you like The B**tles because they sing Love Me Do in every song :D

I didn’t for one minute expect my opinion to be a popular one but that is a particularly low blow. 

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2022 at 09:32, Seat68 said:

If that's all you have heard it's a lucky escape. Ride were the band my entire circle of friends loved (see also The Smiths) so their music was played a lot. Not a single track was any good, to my ears, until Twisterella came along, as I was a TFC fan, it sounded good because it had a similar sound to TFC. 

There are lots of good tracks on the Nowhhere album, including a few great ones, especially Taste, which blew me away when I was 17/18, I used to play it constantly. Nostalgia !

On 02/03/2022 at 04:41, fruitvilla said:

From my wife's Winnie the Pooh Cook Book. Peel and slice banana in half (cross sectionally) Stick lollypop sticks in the cut ends, wrap in foil and freeze. When frozen, remove foil, dip in molten dark chocolate, replace foil, and put back in freezer. On a hot summer's day remove from freezer, remove foil and eat. (not the stick or foil, for the passing Blues fan).

If this is still disappointing, seek medical help.

The Beatles and their albums are fine, but there are certain shades of colour I am not keen on.

Your wife needs some age appropriate cookbooks.

33 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Led Zeppelin were sloppy and tedious until they released their fourth album. 

I was a massive Zeppelin fan and it was one of the most disappointing things ever, when I found out they had nicked most of their stuff off other artists.

When I saw them live, I thought Page using a bow on his guitar was pretentious wankery!

These days I mostly like them for purely nostalgic reasons.

I was amused to find that when  Robert Plant was on Desert Island Discs recently, the one record he chose above all others was by Mario Lanza.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Kanye West is a genius 

And also a massive bell end at the same time but it is at the same time its not one or the other 

Makes it very hard to appreciate him personally, I do think he's slightly overrated and I don't get the love for dark twisted fantasy but then im not an out and out hip hop lover 

The dissect podcast stuff for him is really good, I love his ability to sample, that side of hip hop is something I enjoy so when you know where it comes from and what he's done it's brilliant 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â