Alternative Team of the Decade

Zatman

as other thread said from January 2010. This will be our worst players

Bunn

Bacuna Richards Lescott Richardson

Tonev  Jenas  Onomah  Sinclair

Holt  McCormack

I didnt want to name any of our youth players who were thrown to the wolves by the board and we had a host of left backs and forwards who could have made the cut

Probably easier than our best of the decade tbh:

Nyland

Bacuna                Richards            Lescott                    Richardson

Tonev                  Gardner             Tshibola                   Insomnia

Gestede             McCormack

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Bunn

Bacuna   Richards   Lescott   Richardson

Tshibola        Sylla

N'Zogbia

Tonev                                              Sinclair

Bowery

That team would probably get relegated from League 1. Crazy how they all played for us in the PL and we managed to stay up with most of them.

I could be wrong with dates, but pretty sure the dross below were in the last decade. I’ve picked players based on there time with us only:

————————Marshall————————

Richards———Lescott———Crespo

Tonev——Makoun—Sylla——Holman

—————————Pires—————————

———Helenius————Bowery———

18 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I could be wrong with dates, but pretty sure the dross below were in the last decade. I’ve picked players based on there time with us only:

————————Marshall————————

Richards———Lescott———Crespo

Tonev——Makoun—Sylla——Holman

—————————Pires—————————

———Helenius————Bowery———

Very unfair on Makoun. He's probably not in the top 10 worst midfielders of the decade for that Old Trafford performance alone.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Very unfair on Makoun. He's probably not in the top 10 worst midfielders of the decade for that Old Trafford performance alone.

Played less than 10 games for us and I don’t recall any of them being memorable!  

Edit: Played 9 games for us and cost roughly £6m!  I’d say that’s a pretty awful signing. 

Edited by ferguson1

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Played less than 10 games for us and I don’t recall any of them being memorable!  

Like I said, 2011 at Old Trafford. The day Bent scored a consolation assited by Downing. It was a complete midfield performance. 90% passing accuracy on 93 passes and 4 tackles. He was everywhere that day. I had high hopes for the rest of his time here, but it just didn't work out unfortunately. Was looking forward to seeing him with Michael Bradley in midfield. They played maybe 40 mins together against Blackpool where Makoun got sent off and wasn't seen again.

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Like I said, 2011 at Old Trafford. The day Bent scored a consolation assited by Downing. It was a complete midfield performance. 90% passing accuracy on 93 passes and 4 tackles. He was everywhere that day. I had high hopes for the rest of his time here, but it just didn't work out unfortunately. Was looking forward to seeing him with Michael Bradley in midfield. They played maybe 40 mins together against Blackpool where Makoun got sent off and wasn't seen again.

Approx £6.2m well spent then?  One good game, hardly makes it “very unfair” to put him in my worst team of the decade.  Complete waste of money in my opinion. 

Edited by ferguson1

4 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Approx £6.2m well spent then?  One good game, hardly makes it “very unfair” to put him in my worst team of the decade.  Complete waste of money in my opinion. 

Unfair in that there were way worse midfielders you haven't listed than him. Off the top of my head:

Tshibola
Gardner
Onomah
Jenas
Herd
Holman

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â