Caribao cup QF Draw

Demitri_C

For all the excitement of the big clubs being drawn together there is still Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and a very much in form Leicester to get past in this competition.  Not easy. 

We're capable of beating anyone in a one of game, although having just confidently dispatched of two premier league sides it feels like we deserve an 'easier' game next, hopefully Oxford or Colchester, would also allow us to keep giving the squad players a game as well.

24 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Obviously would like Colchester or Oxford at Villa Park but seems inevitable it will be Liverpool away or Man United at Villa Park.

Yup. It's always like that. City away for me.

Have we ever gotten an easy draw from the QF an on, if it was possible? 

7 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yup. It's always like that. City away for me.

Have we ever gotten an easy draw from the QF an on, if it was possible? 

The year we got to the final I remember us having a favourable run there. I know we had Blackburn in the semi which was definitely the easier game (and turned into an epic)

Might be better to play a big team now, a City or Liverpool as they will rest players in the next game they probably won't in the final or semi

I want Man Utd at Villa Park, We'll knock them out.....let Colchester knock man City out and Oxford will trounce Liverpool..........then we'll eventually meet either Everton or Leicester at Wembley would prefer Leicester. 

Edited by zab6359

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

I want Man Utd at Villa Park, We'll knock them out.....let Colchester knock man City out and Oxford will trounce Liverpool..........then we'll eventually meet either Everton or Leicester at Wembley would prefer Leicester. 

We won't beat leicester. I'd rather play united or Liverpool's reserves than leicester.

Would rather leicester play city or united so one of them gets knocked out.

You know Liverpool will get Colchester or Oxford or city will of we don't get them.

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The draw is happening at 8.45 this morning. It’s only being broadcast on radio, so at least we can see it’s not fixed in anyway 🤨

How wierd. Makes absolutely no sense. Radio??? What are we back in the 60s?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

We won't beat leicester. I'd rather play united or Liverpool's reserves than leicester.

Would rather leicester play city or united so one of them gets knocked out.

You know Liverpool will get Colchester or Oxford or city will of we don't get them.

Well Liverpool may be a good draw https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50240295 

• Like 1

Home match please - also think now might be a good time to get City or Liverpool - particularly the latter. 

Leicester maybe the one team to avoid at this point!

Ideal draw something like

Villa - v Liverpool ( very weakened side ) 

Colchester v Oxford

Leicester v Man City

Everton v Man United

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The draw is happening at 8.45 this morning. It’s only being broadcast on radio, so at least we can see it’s not fixed in anyway 🤨

Well if it’s ‘fixed’ we will probably see Everton vs Liverpool and Man U vs Man City :P

• Like 1

The next round is an interesting one. Teams will still rotate but being that close to a semi final may opt for more first team players.  I personally can’t see anyone beating city. Haven’t they won 2 out the last 3?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The next round is an interesting one. Teams will still rotate but being that close to a semi final may opt for more first team players.  I personally can’t see anyone beating city. Haven’t they won 2 out the last 3?

Yeah I think so. Pep just loves winning. They started Aguero, Jesus, Mahrez, Bernardo Silva against Southampton, so they take it quite serious. 

Wouldn't want them over 2 legs, but a one off at home we stand a chance. 

Looking at the Liverpool situation I wouldn’t mind them or the lower league teams.