The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

1 minute ago, Awol said:

Actually I think we could do something unilaterally. The government, on the basis that your analysis is broadly correct, could reprise a Manhattan type project to crack clean energy production. Then give it away. Of course we won’t, but we could. 

If nothing else it would give @HanoiVillan something to be proud of! 

Now there's some magical thinking! :D

I don't think it would make any difference even if we could and would (as you say, we wouldn't) but I do commend your optimism.

You've probably just indicated how few and outlandish the ways out of our current situation there are.

Bon courage to the future generation(s).

2 hours ago, bickster said:

It's like some sick Japanese game show. Take it up the hoop from Corbyn or give Boris a BJ to progress to the next round. Your choice

The ol’ would you rather sit on a dick and eat a cake or sit on a cake and eat a dick conundrum.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, PompeyVillan said:

I think it's regrettable that so many religious leaders are politicising their religion and their followers.

Bet Fred offering 5/1 on the Pope coming out for the LibDems

The timing is not genuine. These religious leaders are trying to maximise their influence on the vote.

For the Rabbi to make his intervention the same day as Labour’s faith manifesto, and make that intervention exclusively in a newspaper is not pure coincidence. I can see how the other team have then felt the need to ‘retaliate’ with their islamophobia accusation at the tories.

Slinging accusations of racism around is really very serious. If you believe he is a racist name names, specify what the issue is, request action from the proper authorities. Don’t come up with this threat to the soul of the nation shit.

It’s a pretty low state of affairs.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 3

TO be honest 

4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The timing is not genuine. These religious leaders are trying to maximise their influence on the vote.

For the Rabbi to make his intervention the same day as Labour’s faith manifesto, and make that intervention exclusively in a newspaper is not pure coincidence. I can see how the other team have then felt the need to ‘retaliate’ with their islamophobia accusation at the tories.

Slinging accusations of racism around is really very serious. If you believe he is a racist name name, specify what the issue is, request action from the proper authorities. Don’t come up with this threat to the should of the nation shit.

It’s a pretty low state of affairs.

To be honest I think plenty of people on here have been slinging accusations of racism to anyone who voted leave for the past few years.

2 minutes ago, colhint said:

TO be honest 

To be honest I think plenty of people on here have been slinging accusations of racism to anyone who voted leave for the past few years.

There’s a world of difference between nobs on a messageboard and Rabbi Mirvis in The Times.

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I suppose there is a middle way where people say something like 'I'm just speaking in a personal capacity here . . .'

If they're speaking in a personal capacity then they are duty bound to do that, surely?

If they are speaking in their position within an organisation (the CofE, the CBI, the Muslim Council of Britain, The Satanists of the Lower Forest of Dean, &c.) then they speak as that. To say that they shouldn't 'politicise' their group implies that their group shouldn't have a place, or a representation, politically.

I'm not defending religion, just to be clear; I'm defending the right of people to comment about politics.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

The world would be a better place.

Rubbish.

It may be a better place if there were less religion. It's never going to be a better place if people are refused a political view or input because of their (religious - or otherwise) views.

5 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

There’s a world of difference between nobs on a messageboard and Rabbi Mirvis in The Times.

Thing is though it's not just on here, it's been sort of accepted in debate now. You must have heard racism is a big part of the debate, All racists voted leave, they don't like foreigners etc. It's been part of the norm now. It's a bit like this here  and now.  It's been allowed to be accepted.  This is similar to Corbyn and AS.  Because he hasn't dealt with it, and there have been some Labour heavyweights who have been accused,  he should have realised it would be part of the norm. With the Brexit debate, no one controls it,  people can accuse 1000's of people as being racists, not the Tories fault or Labour, but AS is directlly affecting Labour, and Jeremy  should control that.

• Like 1