The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

Just now, snowychap said:

No need, Jon - that's a fair enough cross section though there is certainly one that I'd strike a line through. ;)

Apologies if that came across as more confrontational than intended. It was genuinely meant to get a picture of who these people were.

None needed, I'm quite well oiled and slowing down now... If your objection is to Goodwin I highly recommend his book "National Populism: The revolt against Liberal Democracy". Rammed with insights.

Tories have taken Workington comfortably.

2 minutes ago, Awol said:

Have you read White Shift? 

No, so I'm not going to comment on what it might or might not say.

I have read various musings by yer man Kaufmann, though - largely directed by his own tweets. I have to say I'm loath to read much more that he has written on the basis of what I have already read that he has written.

He's in the Douglas Murray category for me.

3 minutes ago, snowychap said:

No, so I'm not going to comment on what it might or might not say.

I have read various musings by yer man Kaufmann, though - largely directed by his own tweets. I have to say I'm loath to read much more that he has written on the basis of what I have already read that he has written.

He's in the Douglas Murray category for me.

Fair enough, I think there's often more to learn from people you disagree with than those you don't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Nah, this is terrible. We’ve had a massive divide in society, and little England has won. Awful. 

Who's fault is that? If Labour hadn't presented such a god-awful choice they'd have strolled into No.10. Instead they disappeared up their collective backsides and made the voters decision for them. 

For anyone on that team a little self-reflection will go a long way in the coming months. The alternative is dissolving the electorate and getting a new one.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

Fair enough, I think there's often more to learn from people you disagree with than those you don't. 

That's a fair point but there's only so much that I find objectionable that I can put up with hearing.

I also think this is slightly overplayed in an 'understand your enemy so you can defeat him' kind of way that shouldn't have to apply to simple discourse.

3 minutes ago, Awol said:

Who's fault is that? If Labour hadn't presented such a god-awful choice they'd have strolled into No.10. Instead they disappeared up their collective backsides and made the voters decision for them. 

For anyone on that team a little self-reflection will go a long way in the coming months. The alternative is dissolving the electorate and getting a new one.

Who’s fault?

The public. Same with the leave vote. The general public are **** words removed. They don’t care. 

Edited by bobzy