The Hung Like a Donkey General Election December 2019 Thread

Jareth

Which Cunch of Bunts are you voting for?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Which Cunch of Bunts Gets Your Hard Fought Cross

• The Evil Abusers Of The Working Man Dark Blue Team
    • The Hopelessly Divided Unicorn Chasing Red Team
    • The Couldn't Trust Them Even You Wanted To Yellow Team
    • The Demagogue Worshiping Light Blue Corportation
    • The Hippy Drippy Green Team
    • One of the Parties In The Occupied Territories That Hates England
    • I Live In Northern Ireland And My Choice Is Dictated By The Leader Of A Cult
    • I'm Out There And Found Someone Else To Vote For

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/12/19 at 23:00

23 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

He is easily the most blatant compulsive liar.

The people lap it up.

He perfectly represents his party then.

The entire cabinet are out in force, promising everything will be better once they're elected, as if they're not the incumbent party.

The NHS, social care, policing, housing. They're going to fix it all now they've had a chance. Now what have these **** been doing since 2010? "Look guys, everything is shit, but don't worry, you can trust us, the people that slashed all of the things we're now delighted to be funding". 

I say the whole cabinet. The honourable member for lounging about in the 18th century has been in hiding. Seriously, Rees-Mogg was like an unflushable turd a month ago. You couldn't get rid of the arrogant prick, now he's gone in to hiding. 

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I just can't comprehend how someone can see the shit we've been through in the last 9 years and think "politicians are all the same".

The last Labour government didn't get everything right. The Iraq war is a stain on this country's history, but domestic policy then versus the war on the poor the tories have been engaged in since? It's night and **** day.

Were Labour at all responsible for the financial crash? Genuine question. That was the worst our country has been in a long time  wasn’t it?  

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Were Labour at all responsible for the financial crash? Genuine question. That was the worst our country has been in a long time  wasn’t it?  

I'm no economist, but I'm inclined to say that considering the impact was felt across the world, at most they were a contributing factor. I can't imagine the UK government's policies necessarily being influential enough to crash the global economy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I'm no economist, but I'm inclined to say that considering the impact was felt across the world, at most they were a contributing factor. I can't imagine the UK government's policies necessarily being influential enough to crash the global economy.

Whoever took over had quite a mess to deal with though. This is no defence of Torys but I do wonder how Labour would have dealt with things.  

I despise them all. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He perfectly represents his party then.

The entire cabinet are out in force, promising everything will be better once they're elected, as if they're not the incumbent party.

The NHS, social care, policing, housing. They're going to fix it all now they've had a chance. Now what have these **** been doing since 2010? "Look guys, everything is shit, but don't worry, you can trust us, the people that slashed all of the things we're now delighted to be funding". 

I say the whole cabinet. The honourable member for lounging about in the 18th century has been in hiding. Seriously, Rees-Mogg was like an unflushable turd a month ago. You couldn't get rid of the arrogant prick, now he's gone in to hiding. 

I did a very rare visit to a supermarket this morning. The local Morrisons is usually well off my radar on a Sunday morning, but I’d been sent out to buy a newspaper. The choice on offer in Morrisons was Mail, Telegraph, Sun and Times. Smaller shop down the road, Sun, Star, Mail, People. One shop further along, Sun, Mail, Telegraph, Times, People.

You wonder, from your own comfy bubble, where all these tory voters are. Then you go to a supermarket in a relatively poor part of a traditionally working class town and the newspapers people are buying are the Mail and the Sun.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It was triggered by fraudulent trade of bad debt on the US mortgage market.

The PM at the time, Labour's Gordon Brown, tried to arrest the slide but only ended up throwing a lot good money after bad.

The rogue traders were, of course, Goldmann Sachs. Who went cap in hand to Brown saying losses meant they couldn't afford their tax bill.

Were lessons learned?

No.

Cameron handed over the sale of the Post Office to GS.

The shares were drastically undervalued. The supposed long term investors dumped immediately for vast profits.

Fat bonuses for the suits. The Public Purse lost again.

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Why do they just not try and do things properly? Would it have cost them the earth to either train, or bring in, another 19,000 nurses? Or why not just announce 30,000 extra nurses? I really don't get the benefit to them of these easily-disproven figures.

Looking at the manifesto, it looks as though it says 50k more nurses rather than 'new' nurses so I guess the line is that it's 50k more than they would otherwise have expected to have but I doubt anyone hearing the 50k more nurses would understand it to mean that, though.

The benefit is that people hear the 50k number first and that's all that matters.

They do repeat the '40 new hospitals' line in there.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I did a very rare visit to a supermarket this morning. The local Morrisons is usually well off my radar on a Sunday morning, but I’d been sent out to buy a newspaper. The choice on offer in Morrisons was Mail, Telegraph, Sun and Times. Smaller shop down the road, Sun, Star, Mail, People. One shop further along, Sun, Mail, Telegraph, Times, People.

You wonder, from your own comfy bubble, where all these tory voters are. Then you go to a supermarket in a relatively poor part of a traditionally working class town and the newspapers people are buying are the Mail and the Sun.

Why don’t Labour ever go for these papers and the vermin that own them?  Start a big campaign to refute and disprove all their bullshit.  

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Why don’t Labour ever go for these papers and the vermin that own them?  Start a big campaign to refute and disprove all their bullshit.  

Yeah, what did happen to that campaign that suggested newspapers should tell the truth?

Leveson recommendations and legislation to make them tell the truth was dropped by the tory govt. last year.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Which paper did you buy?

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Which paper did you buy?

A Spar on the route home had an Observer and I bought that.

It was our turn to entertain an elderly relative that loves reading snippets out loud. Not a fan of any paper but I figured that was least likely to be a mix of thinly veiled racism, celebrity gossip and tory vomit. 

• Like 1