January Transfers 2019/20

sne

10 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If this guy is picked ahead of our u23 strikers there is no hope for them.

Did you miss Liverpool’s highly rated U23 team lose 5-0 to a team in a relegation battle just recently? It’s a huge step up physically and mentally. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

They already have Yarmalenko Felipe Anderson, lanzini, and fornals. Loads of quality there. The problem with west ham is they need athleticism in the midfield, Haller hasn't scored enough, and their centre backs are a bit crap. They're still very much in danger of going down. As the actual problems still exist.

They've signed Soucek who is 6ft 4 and an absolute workhorse for midfield. He's looked a good player to me when I've seen him.

At least Bournemouth haven't done any business 

Edited by Biskitt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What if this. What if that. We can do what ifs until the cows come home. Just chill out and enjoy the ride

Might as well shut the site down it everyone should just enjoy the ride and only ever say nice positive things. 

I think it's an unnecessary risk. Hardly going overboard. 

• Like 1

Man Utd are trying to rush through a loan deal for Odion Ighalo... and some people thought it was criminal that we hadn’t bought in a 2nd striker earlier this afternoon.

1 minute ago, Rob182 said:

Man Utd are trying to rush through a loan deal for Odion Ighalo... and some people thought it was criminal that we hadn’t bought in a 2nd striker earlier this afternoon.

And they were right. We needed another striker and the club have got one. 

5 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

They've signed Soucek who is 6ft 4 and an absolute workhorse for midfield. He's looked a good player to me when I've seen him.

I'd have definitely taken him here but there's a good chance the pace will shock him. 

Looks like Moyes' plan in a shocking turn of events is to shut up shop.

Rice and Noble will play every game, Soucek going to play in the middle as well with them! That's strong if lacking a bit going forward. Maybe Rice might drop back to CB.

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

What if this. What if that. We can do what ifs until the cows come home. Just chill out and enjoy the ride

What if the cows don’t come home though? confused rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't think the club would gamble a premier league contract with a Swansea reject cause they hope a survival csn lead to better options during the summer. There's clutching at straws and there's this. 

It's a 6 month contract to provide depth in a position where we lack numbers. We can't get top quality so we go for a player different from what we have that in the right set up can score goals. In the summer we have a space freed up for a quality replacement.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

It's a 6 month contract to provide depth in a position where we lack numbers. We can't get top quality so we go for a player different from what we have that in the right set up can score goals. In the summer we have a space freed up for a quality replacement.

Exactly, it’s not difficult to see. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Biskitt said:

Not talking size, they need legs. Nippy, non stop runner.

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

That's not exactly what you initially said, but I'll adress it either way. The idea that we would buy what can only be described as bottom quality in Borja so we can make moves in the summer is utterly absurd. 

Staying up in this league is everything. If we had money available we'd buy better quality. There's absolutely no chance that's not the case. The board aren't **** enough to gamble the clubs future on a few spesific signings next summer. No chance. Zilch. Zero. 

We're either putting the money forward for another signing or we simply can't due to FFP. 

Villa like all professional clubs got a ton of players on their pad they got as options if needs be. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, striker said:

Warnock on Sky said that his source stated Bowen’s wages are £50k. 

He also said that he doesn't include West Ham among the clubs in relegation trouble, in much the same way, that he thought Cardiff would stay up...😉

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

How many Villa merchandise stores are there around the world. Rodgers complained about the money Manure can spend saying Leicester can't afford to buy players in January

This is the real reason FFP was brought in. Because teams like Man U didn’t like teams like Man City just coming in and out spending them, forcing them into an arms race.

It is to make sure we can’t spend enough to compete with them. 

• Like 4